Will LV fans hurt me?

1. Hey,

I've been reading this forum for a while and have finally decided to post. I'm saddened that this post is merely focused on a simple $40 handbag, but at the same time I'm very new to the purse addiction. Baby steps, right?

A small background: I graduated almost one year ago from college and I want to get a new purse to celebrate. While I have a fun and otherwise awesome job, I have a small spending stipend and wish to find something I'll have fun with but won't break my piggy bank. Here's what I'm looking for: Something fun, maybe satchelish, black/tan/red combo definitely a plus, and under $300.

Guess my surprise when I found something that matched that description! However, I'm a little terrified of LV fanatics chasing me down and flailing me with their authentic bags.... What do you guys think? Will my life indeed be safe?

http://www.ebags.com/aurielle_carryland/sweet_heart_east_west_double_shoulder/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=67945

2. I think you'll be safe :amuse: For the last few years my everday bag was a blue puma shoulder bag. I finally replaced it and I think its time for that bag to go in the trash :weird: Its pretty ratty after all this time.

3. No, I don't think any LV fans will go after you.

But, maybe you'l like to consider another design that will suit you better? :smile:

4. Carry it with pride! And don't let the fanatics bother you. It's actually a disease you know - so you're in a much better state. lol :lol:

5. Wow, thanks for the prompt responses! :biggrin: It seems that my interests have already moved on, and now I'm looking at other beauties... ah, the love of a purse can be such a fickle thing.

I'm rather confused. I've been carrying the same purse on and off for 3 years and I just suddenly snapped. I can't wait to get something new, but I'm having the hardest time finding something that's perfect. :suspiciou I think it's the impending tax return looming about. While I think it'd be fantastic to have a $1000 handbag, I don't want to spend all that money and hate my purchase 3 minutes later.

Anyway, if you guys see anything adorable that catches your eye, share the love. I'm still on the hunt.

6. Banana republic has some fun bags at the moment!

7. I totally agree with Sunshine! You should check them out! Really great bags, at a reasonable price with great quality.

8. What a cute bag! Don't worry, no one will hurt you here :smile:. One of my favorite bags is a tote from PayLess! It was on sale for $8.00!!! I love my Paddy, Hogan, and LV's; but sometimes something just catches your eye.

Enjoy your bag.

9. If you like it get it, but there are plenty of nice leather bags for under $300 try a few web-site, Zappos, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macy's i'm sure you'll find something nice...

10. There is a great thread for bags under $400 and several of those bags are even under $300 you might take a look at it.

11. Cole haan has nice bag.

12. Watch your back! Kidding!! I agree with Coach, Cole Haan , BR suggestions, J Crew has some pretty ones as well, let us know!