will coco cabas be timeless?

1. do you think you will be carrying it 5 years from now? 10 years? or will you get bored it?
  2. Honestly no, for the bag to be truly timeless it has to be iconic-a signature of the brand. Chanel has already established that with the 2.55 Classic Flap. Like Hermes Birkin, LV with the speedy and Balenciaga w/ Moto bags-albeit not as stylish, IMHO.
    It's interesting to note that the bags that are considered timeless are all structured bags.
  3. i don't think it is timeless for Cabas bag but I don't care. I love my baby Cabas and it worths every bucks I have paid.
  4. I don't know what to think on the cabas's longevity. I think fashion has changed and continues to evolve so much, you just never know. I think big bags will come and go in fashion and when they are in you can rock your cabas again and again.
  5. I think that I will get five years out of it (hopefully). My problem isn't that a bag goes out of style, but that I get bored with and/or want to sell it to finance a new one!!
  6. That's a very good point.

Slouchy bags go in and out of style, so I think the Cabas will look dated in a few years... and then, at some point, fabulous again.
  7. I taotally agree with you!
    Anyway, structure bag is not my favorite so I have to pay for the fasion bag again and again :supacool:
  8. I don't care what's in or out. I carry what I like. It's like leopard print stuff, that comes in and out of style every 2 years, so I'm sure this bag will do the same. I plan on hanging on to it.

9. I hope to hang onto it! It's really a beautiful bag. I think the vinyl cabas will date the fastest, but even that might come back into play in several years.
  10. ;) Totally agreed!!!
    Me too~ I don't care what's in or out... I'll just carry what I like!!!
  11. I don't think it will be, but I think it will always be useful for your needs. Particularly on shopping trips, etc. It looks as if it can hold lots of stuff. I love bags in which you can slip small packages.
  12. I cannot imagine in a couple of years people staring at someone with a cabas thinking....."oh my god, she has a large slouchy bag, how tacky!" The bag is slouchy, but it is also very simple.
  13. I can think of some exceptions... the Bottega Veneta woven tote is definitely a classic forever.

I see your point, however... Chanel's "Timeless Collection" does seem to consist of structured bags. Personally, I don't see the Cabas as timeless but who cares? As long as you have fun with it while you can!
  14. Yeah, I think someday the Cabas will be considered Retro.

But if you keep and and use it later you will be Retro-Chic!
  15. i don't know, but i know that i will love it for a very LONNNGGGGGGGG time :yes: