Why won't my birkins batwing???

My bag is Clemence and it is pretty stiff,in my opinion. I am not careful and it gets flown around in my car. I purchased it in an Hermes store,and I am trying to relate to all the Clemence experts;but mine is not too slouchy?
I do keep my straps closed and locked because I prefer that look.

The photo in my avatar is with the straps open and floopy.
I think because you keep your Clemence closed and locked that doing so helps keep the bag more rigid. I have a 35 Togo Birkin and while I love the look of the bag closed, doing so is just not practical for me IRL. I always have mine open and I find that my bag produces batwings subtlely. If it's really stuffed and I open it wider than the batwings are even more pronounced.

My bag is Clemence and it is pretty stiff,in my opinion. I am not careful and it gets flown around in my car. I purchased it in an Hermes store,and I am trying to relate to all the Clemence experts;but mine is not too slouchy?
I do keep my straps closed and locked because I prefer that look.

The photo in my avatar is with the straps open and floopy.

The 35 rouge H in my avatar is clemence as well, purchased a couple of years ago. It is not as floopy as the newer ones people have posted photos of, either, just like yours. It is almost as stiff as my gold togo 35. I wonder if the clemence is somehow different in the newer bags? Has anyone gotten a new clemence bag recently that is not super floopy?

I am concerned because I want to place and order and would love clemence, but I am not sure how I feel about the really floopy bags. At least when they are brand new.

The 35 rouge H in my avatar is clemence as well, purchased a couple of years ago. It is not as floopy as the newer ones people have posted photos of, either, just like yours. It is almost as stiff as my gold togo 35. I wonder if the clemence is somehow different in the newer bags? Has anyone gotten a new clemence bag recently that is not super floopy?

I am concerned because I want to place and order and would love clemence, but I am not sure how I feel about the really floopy bags. At least when they are brand new.

i have 2 K year clemence birkins and they are not floopy

tokyo girl, I'm not 100% sure but i imagine, they can't or its not very pronounced. Since there is the tapered factor with the Kelly bags, there is not nearly enough leather on the top side panels of the bag as apossed to the birkin where they can flop out easily, maybe you can force a kelly to have batwings?

tokyo girl, I'm not 100% sure but i imagine, they can't or its not very pronounced. Since there is the tapered factor with the Kelly bags, there is not nearly enough leather on the top side panels of the bag as apossed to the birkin where they can flop out easily, maybe you can force a kelly to have batwings?

Thanks for the response, it makes sense that the structure of the Kellys doesn't lend itself it to batwings...