why style/brand of jeans do you wear?

Jbrand mostly. Tried Paige (like, a little big), AG (runs small for my shape so I size up), and I like my only pair of rich and skinny jeans but wouldn't pay full price. I would pay more for jbrand and Paige for sure. I wear mostly skinnies or straight

Sent from my XT1064 using PurseForum mobile app

I used to wear only 7 for all mankind and citizens of humanity, but I recently discovered MiH skinny jeans and am in love! So flattering and comfortable! I recently bought 4 pairs in different models and colours, but all on sale :smile:

seems the fashion industry is still wanting to change trends to make us need something new. Don't know if I can get behind the old school, no stretch jeans that take forever to break in

Vogue article:

DENIM
Calling Time On Skinny Jeans

In Vogue's February 2016 issue Julia Hobbs explains why you should ditch your stretch denim for an original fit. You'll have a friend for life, she promises.

JULIA HOBBS
Julia is the fashion news editor of British Vogue

Monday 25 January 2016

JASON LLOYD EVANS
Rigid, 100 per cent cotton denim jeans - the original androgynous utility staple - have been overlooked during the decade-long rise of stretchy, spray-on skinnies. How did these clingy, wafer-thin, denim-ish imposters, which are not actually jeans, achieve world domination? They fed our weakest desires for a teenage sort of comfort and provided the illusion of a lean figure, instantly. Somehow it had become acceptable to wear a pair of mock-denim leggings with belt loops and fake rips at the knees outside the house for the sake of that streamlined silhouette. Impatience also played a part.

Levi's only give out after a "six-month rite of passage", skinnies are fast friends, says Jonathan Cheung, head of design at Levi's and a jeans soothsayer. Don't get me wrong; there are days (OK, Sundays) when we all seek out the forgiving, comfortable fit that only black (or rather greying) elastane can offer.

The Ultimate Retro Denim Inspiration

+ 12

The Best Of Summer Denim

The Best Of Summer Denim
by NAOMI PIKE
But at all other times - thanks to a new wave of designers reworking the hard stuff and endless throwback Insta-inspiration - we want to look sexy rather than skinny. Chloë Sevigny in blue jeans and a white tee? Delicious.

REX
Chloë Sevigny And The Cult Denim Cut-off

by JULIA HOBBS
Rigid jeans guarantee an irresistible, old-fashioned anti-fit. They give off a pheromone of authenticity and, once you've broken them in, repay you with "hold" (technical jargon for a pert-looking bottom). Which is exactly why styles such as Levi's cult 505 are the "best-kept secret among vintage connoisseurs, for the peachy bum they give when broken in," explains Cheung. Debbie Harry's Seventies stage jeans? They were the "tight and high" 505s. Women now want a generously enhanced behind (think Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise), which is a new phenomenon - part of the reaction to cinched-in, arse-flattening skinnies having become so normal, so tired-looking. Endless sightings of perfect stiffened jeans at last summer's festivals and never-ending mood pics via the Instagram feeds of Mr Gazoline or Janebirkindaily have fuelled a mainstream appetite for genuine non-stretch jeans - yet another way we are validating our ephemeral modern living habits by seeking out dependable, old-school brands such as Levi's, Lee, Wrangler.

Stella Maxwell, Lily Aldridge and Kendall Jenner. Don't want to wear second-hand? Levi's takes the pain out of finding the perfect fit with its bespoke service, Lot No 1, which tailors a new pair of denim jeans to your body shape for £500.

A Grown-Up's Guide To Denim

by LAUREN MILLIGAN

JASON LLOYD EVANS

JASON LLOYD EVANS
The real-denim revolution happening now is not simply about tapping a throwback look. The cool, carefree credentials of non-stretch jeans are in the hands of young labels cleverly reinterpreting denim's vast heritage. Since September's shows, fashion editors have been religiously wearing Levi's chopped and skewed by Vetements. At £880 a pop they're certainly not Levi's prices, but they do come with an idiosyncratic, asymmetric DIY finish that instantly blew up on the street-style scene. London label Aries attracts a generation of teenage girls who have never worn real jeans by sticking to simple cuts and cheeky patches - its Lilly style (made of classic, 15oz non-stretch denim) is produced in a mill that still does stonewashing with pebbles. While last season Katie Green, the British designer behind Kéji, launched a series of carefully tailored pieces made from denim woven in Japan using machines from the Fifties - the most popular are the cigarette jeans in her signature bright indigo, "a nostalgic wash we treat in a very clean and modern way," says Green. "It's more like a tailored trouser that happens to be in denim." Then there's Brock, an American label to watch. It does an ultra-flattering straight leg that works especially well on petites.

GETTY
The Vogue Edit: Rigid Jeans

+ 16

DENIM
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
RECOMMENDED

Reactions: ladysarah
seems the fashion industry is still wanting to change trends to make us need something new. Don't know if I can get behind the old school, no stretch jeans that take forever to break in

Vogue article:

DENIM
Calling Time On Skinny Jeans

In Vogue's February 2016 issue Julia Hobbs explains why you should ditch your stretch denim for an original fit. You'll have a friend for life, she promises.

JULIA HOBBS
Julia is the fashion news editor of British Vogue

Monday 25 January 2016

JASON LLOYD EVANS
Rigid, 100 per cent cotton denim jeans - the original androgynous utility staple - have been overlooked during the decade-long rise of stretchy, spray-on skinnies. How did these clingy, wafer-thin, denim-ish imposters, which are not actually jeans, achieve world domination? They fed our weakest desires for a teenage sort of comfort and provided the illusion of a lean figure, instantly. Somehow it had become acceptable to wear a pair of mock-denim leggings with belt loops and fake rips at the knees outside the house for the sake of that streamlined silhouette. Impatience also played a part.

Levi's only give out after a "six-month rite of passage", skinnies are fast friends, says Jonathan Cheung, head of design at Levi's and a jeans soothsayer. Don't get me wrong; there are days (OK, Sundays) when we all seek out the forgiving, comfortable fit that only black (or rather greying) elastane can offer.

The Ultimate Retro Denim Inspiration

+ 12

The Best Of Summer Denim

The Best Of Summer Denim
by NAOMI PIKE
But at all other times - thanks to a new wave of designers reworking the hard stuff and endless throwback Insta-inspiration - we want to look sexy rather than skinny. Chloë Sevigny in blue jeans and a white tee? Delicious.

REX

by JULIA HOBBS
Rigid jeans guarantee an irresistible, old-fashioned anti-fit. They give off a pheromone of authenticity and, once you've broken them in, repay you with "hold" (technical jargon for a pert-looking bottom). Which is exactly why styles such as Levi's cult 505 are the "best-kept secret among vintage connoisseurs, for the peachy bum they give when broken in," explains Cheung. Debbie Harry's Seventies stage jeans? They were the "tight and high" 505s. Women now want a generously enhanced behind (think Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise), which is a new phenomenon - part of the reaction to cinched-in, arse-flattening skinnies having become so normal, so tired-looking. Endless sightings of perfect stiffened jeans at last summer's festivals and never-ending mood pics via the Instagram feeds of Mr Gazoline or Janebirkindaily have fuelled a mainstream appetite for genuine non-stretch jeans - yet another way we are validating our ephemeral modern living habits by seeking out dependable, old-school brands such as Levi's, Lee, Wrangler.

Stella Maxwell, Lily Aldridge and Kendall Jenner. Don't want to wear second-hand? Levi's takes the pain out of finding the perfect fit with its bespoke service, Lot No 1, which tailors a new pair of denim jeans to your body shape for £500.

by LAUREN MILLIGAN

JASON LLOYD EVANS

JASON LLOYD EVANS
The real-denim revolution happening now is not simply about tapping a throwback look. The cool, carefree credentials of non-stretch jeans are in the hands of young labels cleverly reinterpreting denim's vast heritage. Since September's shows, fashion editors have been religiously wearing Levi's chopped and skewed by Vetements. At £880 a pop they're certainly not Levi's prices, but they do come with an idiosyncratic, asymmetric DIY finish that instantly blew up on the street-style scene. London label Aries attracts a generation of teenage girls who have never worn real jeans by sticking to simple cuts and cheeky patches - its Lilly style (made of classic, 15oz non-stretch denim) is produced in a mill that still does stonewashing with pebbles. While last season Katie Green, the British designer behind Kéji, launched a series of carefully tailored pieces made from denim woven in Japan using machines from the Fifties - the most popular are the cigarette jeans in her signature bright indigo, "a nostalgic wash we treat in a very clean and modern way," says Green. "It's more like a tailored trouser that happens to be in denim." Then there's Brock, an American label to watch. It does an ultra-flattering straight leg that works especially well on petites.

GETTY
The Vogue Edit: Rigid Jeans

+ 16

DENIM
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
RECOMMENDED
Definitely not for me! I only started wearing jeans in the first place once they got stretchy. Absolutely cannot stand stiff denim. Also does anyone own any jeans with step hems? I was considering purchasing these jbrands, but Im not sure what they would look good with, other than booties.

https://www.jbrandjeans.com/811-mid-rise-skinny-w-step-hem-in-mesmeric

Reactions: HiromiT
Definitely not for me! I only started wearing jeans in the first place once they got stretchy. Absolutely cannot stand stiff denim. Also does anyone own any jeans with step hems? I was considering purchasing these jbrands, but Im not sure what they would look good with, other than booties.

https://www.jbrandjeans.com/811-mid-rise-skinny-w-step-hem-in-mesmeric
haven't seen these before
another trend I can't get behind - cropped flares......just look wrong to me. Wider legs should be long IMO

haven't seen these before
another trend I can't get behind - cropped flares......just look wrong to me. Wider legs should be long IMO

I agree about cropped flares! I can't stand the look of when someone's pants are too short, and this just reminds me of a more extreme version of that. I also dislike trendy denim, since I like to be able to keep and wear my jeans for years if I am going to be spending $200+ per pair. Which is what worries me about the step hem jeans I posted above. I think they're really cool, but am worried they will be out by next season.

Reactions: HiromiT
I agree about cropped flares! I can't stand the look of when someone's pants are too short, and this just reminds me of a more extreme version of that. I also dislike trendy denim, since I like to be able to keep and wear my jeans for years if I am going to be spending $200+ per pair. Which is what worries me about the step hem jeans I posted above. I think they're really cool, but am worried they will be out by next season.
yes, may want to stick to something more classic if you're going to spend a good amount. I try to get premium jeans at a discount - usually at NR. So a pair that sells for $150-200 goes for about $80. Still enough to want to really like them. Nothing worse than a pair of jeans that don't get worn because they were a mistake......not to mention the ones some of us outgrow.

I really like them, vetements and AMO have been doing them for a couple of years now, and slowly all denim brands are producing them too , so I think they will still be around for a year or two,

Reactions: cafecreme15