Why should we have to pay for repairs??

Lee69 said:
I just rang LV in Australia and they said no warranty at all:blink: I thought it was one year as well.:blink:

That's odd. When I was last in the Brisbane store they told me it was 1 year as long as it was not considered normal "wear and tear".

I do think it should be longer though. For what the bags cost, the company should stand behind their products and quality.

jlhinbrisvegas said:
That's odd. When I was last in the Brisbane store they told me it was 1 year as long as it was not considered normal "wear and tear".

I do think it should be longer though. For what the bags cost, the company should stand behind their products and quality.
Thanks,I thought that was odd too as i remembered my SA told me one year.Gosh the Oz customer service is hopeless,they didn't know about the new miroir line as well:rant:

Ya I agree, especially here in Montreal the warranty is ONLY 6 MONTHS!!! I think they should have it upto at least 5 years, then afterwards, they're off the leash. Oh well...even tho we know this, I'm sure lots of us will still be running back to the store to buy more LV bags! haha! We're hopeless....(or at least I am lol)

I've never had to have any of my LV items but my mom did have to have her Chanel multipocket repaired awhile ago. She'd had it less than a year and if it were anything over a year, it would have cost about $25 I think. For LV though, I've been told that there is a year warranty on minor repairs (stitching problems etc) for bags and wallets. Otherwise, honestly, I think it might have to do with your SA. Sometimes they can cut deals and give you the repairs free or for a very little amount. I know my SA has done that for others before..that and I think it depends on the extent of the repair that needs to be done.

So I guees we here lucky here in Germany because we have a 2 year warranty law which has to be provided by the manufacturer no exceptions so LV has this here as well.

kahluamilk said:
I wonder what they charge for. The zipper hardware and the tab on my old Speedy 30 came loose and they fixed it for me for free! I was impressed. They were going to put a brand new tab on there too but I told them to keep the old one on. How odd would it look with brand new vachetta?!

I think it looks odd with brand new vachetta if the rest of the bag has the older patina vachetta. It doesn't look uniform.

Well shoddy craftsmanship is just unjustifiable.

But I mean, I could see people just accidently running over stuff with their cars and asking them to be repaired for free if that service was offered.

I have never had to pay for a repair and I have only had to replace a bag once. Guess it is who you deal with. It maybe an expensive bag, but so are cars, wear and tear is bound to happen.

Unless an item is relatively new, I don't have any problem paying for a repair. I think it would be especially ridiculous to expect free repairs if you chose to buy one of the trendy/delicate items and then didn't treat it with the great care it was supposed to get in order to stay in good shape.