Why is so difficult sell Paddys on ebay??

I honestly think sales on paddys will pick up in the fall. If you ladies don't sell yours, wait until the weather starts changing. I have had an eBay selling account for 7 years and summer is always really slow sales-wise.

rosegold said:
They watch it to see if it will sell at the asking price. Sellers with high quality items are usually sticklers for not lowering their bid on a current auction. Inevitably the seller lists another auction for the item at a lower price...if no one bites than they do it again with a lower starting price. All the while the original watcher keeps tagging it to be watched until it is low enough where they feel comfortable in bidding.

Whilst I agree with the points you have made, rosegold, I think a lot of buyers (myself included) just click 'Watch This Item' as a form of bookmark and then, when it comes near the auction's end, simply forget to bid/are too busy to bid/never really intended to bid in the first place.

In my experience, you seem to get about 1 'watcher' per 20 - 25 people who view the item and you need at least 7 or 8 watchers, to expect one of them to bid!

I don't know if this is typical?

aw thank you! i love the color as well. i'm actually drawn to metallics. but i've got another bag that is similar in color and decided to let this one go.

winternight said:
I used to buy alot of designer things on Ebay but going through pages upon pages of fakes is too annoying! Worrying about getting a fake has definitely lowered the amount I'm willing to spend on a bag, any bag.

I think that is an excellent point, winternight! :yes:

By the time you have waded through page...after page...after page...of fakes and then finally (perhaps), found one, or two, bags that might be authentic and might be being sold by reliable sellers and then, to make absolutely sure, have posted on Authenticate This and then waited for replies and then...if one is probably authentic and in good condition and is being sold by someone you can probably trust...waited for the auction's end, to hover over your keyboard to make that last minute bid.....hours, upon hours, of your life have slipped by. Hours which you could have spent with your family or friends, relaxing, excercising, shopping, watching TV, posting on PF(!); or perhaps, even working, to earn the extra two or three hundred dollars needed to pay retail, for a new bag, which you can definitely return!!! :lol:

Unless eBay tighten up their act and ban scamming and fake sellers, insist that sellers thoroughly and accurately describe their items (including condition) and offer returns; I think this overall downwards slide will probably continue.

Lordguinny said:
I sold it at 50% off because they were not new. The LV was used for 3+ years and had a lot of watermarks on the bottom of the bag. The Gucci was a vintage piece that was not new either (although it was in perfect condition!).

I sell authentic designer items on ebay all the time! However, the items are never new....just loved! :lol:

Fair enough, Lordguinny! :yes:

I didn't realise, when I wrote that, that you were talking about a used bag, sorry! :shame:

I actually think that only losing 50%, is pretty good going for a watermarked bag (although, to my LV-untrained eye, it looked very good, in every other way, in the pics)!

When I sell my personal possessions on eBay, I nearly always sell brand new items that, for whatever reason, I have not got around to using. For some reason, like old cuddly toys, I can't seem to part with my used bags! :wacko: :lol:

'Tell me about your childhood...'!!! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

As a first time Paddy Buyer, I am wary of buying on eBay because there are so many Fakes out there. Before finding this forum, I really didn't know how to look for the tell-tale signs of a Fake. I bought one of those "How to Spot a Fake Chloe..." e-Guide, it helped a little, but I still wasn't 100% sure.

I was looking for a Med Whiskey Paddy in the $900-$1200 range. After a couple of weeks of intense shopping, I decided to buy it at NM. The main reason for that is "peace of mind", I don't want to have this "nagging" feeling that I may have bought a Fake. Also, if for any reason I don't like the bag, I can always return it. For my 2nd Paddy, however, I may give eBay a try. Hopefully, I'll be a little more knowlegable about the bag then! :smile:

I agree that ebay is a bad place to sell because it is overrun with fakes. I don't like to use ebay anymore. The world needs a safe new place for genuine sellers and buyers like us *smiles*

I think the fall will be better for those hard to find colors, like Fayden's anthracite.
I had been on the hunt for anthracite, and being that it's a color that's hard to come by, I would have been willing to pay more for it then I would a more common color.
(I ended up with something else because I couldn't see myself loving the metallic in the long run, but I do believe that person will come along who HAS TO have anthracite and will easily drop even ABOVE retail to get it)

Whiskey was a hard color to come by when it came out, but with a new season of bags being released, I think that a brand new bag with a color "close enough" to whiskey is what people are willing to pay $$$.

For past season bags, even those that are practically new, I can't see anyone paying only a few hundred below retail, especially with the knowledge that those bags ended up getting marked down 50% off in some shops.

As far as I'm concerned, $300 off retail isn't a lot to save for the uncertainty that comes with ebay, unless it really is a color I won't be able to get a hold of anywhere else.

I'm about to take the paddy plunge, and have been looking everywhere including online to make my mind up. I just can't imagine spending so much money for something on ebay with all the risks involved. People are selling gently used ones for only a fraction of a discount of the retail price. It's just not worth the risk. I'd rather spend a few extra quid and get it from LVR, NAP or Harvey Nics.

Moonflower said:
I'm new to Paddies, which shops have them marked down 50%? Thanks.
Kirna Zabete in New York went 50% with some colors. There was a thread in deals and steals that had everyone in an uproar :amuse:
The metallics went on sale on BG and NM...I think about 30%
There was another shop that had 40% but it escapes me now.

In any event, it seems like this seasons colors were marked down to start making way for the fall colors.