Why is it??

THIS is totally true, and something that I have always felt about shoes, but I am now realizing applies much more to bags, because shoes can hurt, y'know?

It shows that you feel you deserve the BEST, even if everyone around feels otherwise. A quality bag will keep all your secrets inside, and never let you down.

But basically, I feel that once I get that next "conquest" bag, I'll suddenly have the "life" that is supposed to come along with it. Of course, the bag comes, but the life doesn't... so you keep looking.

This made my dh and I laugh, I dodged the shoe obssession bullet because I have feet that hurt in anything that isn't a sneaker or Ugg. I basically never buy shoes bec. I dread it.
I like the way you word that, it's my one indulgence and I let myself 'deserve the best' in this one area. And I feel like my bags never let me down. I was feeling down tonight when I got home from where I went this evening. I was talking about my son with a couple of people who were listening to me vent about not knowing where to place him school wise next fall. When I got on the stair landing in my house, it hit me, oh I got that new damier baby papillon today and a the good vibes rushed in and I got that happy feeling.

I know my life is far from glam and luxe but my bags add that certain something that makes me 'feel' like I have the life that goes with it. I look at the bags and or when I use them I imagine I am more glamorous and it works for me. So even though I'm toilet training in between glances at my bag or sweating where I'm sending my oldest to school my bags help me delude myself into thinking that I have a part of that 'life'. But even people who seem like they have 'the life' have their issues to deal with. I don't envy any one else's life, the only thing I ever envy is people who get all normal children bec. my oldest has issues that will be with him forever. But even with his diagnosis came blessings in disguise.