Why I Love Thrift Shops...

1. Hi,
    I got this purse at a thrift shop. It is in excellent shape, but no name on it! Does anyone here know vintage bags or alligator bags? I need help coming up with an eBay starting price, so any ideas would be appreciated!
    Also, is there an area here where vinatge bags are discussed?
    100_1698.jpg 100_1700.jpg
  2. Can you post a pic?
  3. I added pics to the original post... can't believe I forgot them!
  4. LOL thanks Sally. I have no clue about that bag. Maybe others here can help you. Oh and welcome to tPF!! It's so great here haha!!
  5. Lovely.
  6. Thanks Melissa! I have had a ball browsing, there is so much great info here!
  7. Sure thing girl! I'm so addicted to this site it's not even funny. The people here are so helpful and just great. I don't think there is a vintage bag thread here. But I'm sure, with all the members we have here, will know what brand it is. It's cute!!
  8. TPF rocks. I have NO idea how vintage items are valued...good luck figuring it out though!
  9. Gorgeous bag! Congrats:nuts:

10. That is lovely!!! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid? I dont think you wil get alot for it on eBay...but if you want to sell it, you need to see what comparable items have sold for. If it is not a "name" bag, that detracts from the value. You need to search words like: Kelly, Frame, Alligator, vintage.

My guess is you could probably sell it from $50-350 depending on the condition and luck on ebay.
  11. I paid $3.00 for it... and the more I look at it the more I love it... so I will probably keep it! Greedy, huh?:yes:
  12. I think you should keep it. It looks to be a really beautiful bag that could come in handy for nights out.
  13. i love it it reminds me of a great bag i inherited from my grandma
  14. I love thrift store shopping, too! When I was a kid, my mom and I used to do it all the time. Mostly because we didn't have the money to buy new but I didn't know that at the time.....so I just appreciated the thrill of the hunt with my mom.
  15. Cool purse! In our family it's a sin to pay retail! LOL I adore thrift store shopping. When my husband pays retail for something, I have to take an antacid.