Why don't I love the city??

1. I bought a natural part time yesterday and the style is my dream bag..feet on the bottom, wide w/ an extra long strap that I can wear across my body if needed..I am soooooooooooo in love I can't stand it, now I want the anthracite and cobalt in it too:heart: :heart: I never really even noticed the part time until the other day while I was at Nordy's and saw the color *natural* on the part time and then realized I loved the style too, I never knew it had feet I thought only the work did..

Anyhew..my point is that I know sooooooooooo many ladies love the city, I think it's the most popular bag on here for the most part and I have struggled so much w/ it. I have bought two and returned them..I just don't like it..WHY?? I love the first but it's too small and I think the city is too tall and narrow for me and that is why I LOVE the part time maybe..I don't know, maybe I am weird!! Anyone else feel this way??

2. I don't care for city as well, the handles are too short to wear on my shoulder

3. i really like the city a lot..i think it might be one of my favorite styles. but i have been wanting to try the part time just because of the longer straps. so glad that you have a style that you love!!! oh, and i love that the part time has feet on it too!!

4. It seems to me that as a general rule, people either love the City or the Part-Time. There doesn't seem to be a lot of crossover. For me, the Part-Time looks odd on because it's so long. I have the same problem with the Twiggy whenever I try it. But at the same time, I see pictures of women wearing both these styles and they rock them!

I wouldn't worry about not loving the City - I love it because I can fit a book in with all my other stuff (which I can't in the First) and because I'm little enough that I can wear it messenger style. I'm just glad you've found a style you love!

5. oh really?because I personally think that city is big enough for me:p
    i like that and first..um..maybe because I'm small, im just 5'1 :sad:

6. I do love my black city - but I haven't really used it at all since I got my new Work. I just find the city a tad too small for everyday use - although it is a great size for me ont he weekends:yes: The Work fits all the crap I carry every day:rolleyes:

7. I have a City and PT and I like them both a lot, but I agree sagranch, I want to loooove the city like everyone else here does and sometimes I feel like it's lacking something, not sure what. Because it is black, I use my City a LOT lately, it is definitely slouchier than before and has softened up beautifully. But sometimes it looks like a square when carried with some stuff inside, I thought it would hang diffently. The PT, because of its width, slouches nicer I think. OK, I'm just rambling, sorry.

8. IMO the city is more of a classic item, i guess that's why i can never really like part time....i guess i have to have one to appreciate it....so we'll see :smile:

9. I'm not sure I really love the style of the city, but when I need to take more than a few items to the office, it does the job. The part-time is just too long for me.

10. I tried my City again the other day, and immediately transferred all my stuff back to my Part Time, because:

1. outer pocket is too small - my Treo phone bulges in an ugly way, and I MUST have my Treo in the outer pocket for accessibility!!

2. inner pocket too small - for all the small loose items I like to keep in it.

3. bag itself is too small for everything I want to carry (including a fairly large makeup bag, money wallet, sunglasses, and water bottle)

4. shoulder strap too short

I am resigned to the fact that I am a Part Time gal nowadays!! :yes:

11. You are not rambling..I totally get what you are saying!! When I see the City on gals, I LOVE it but just not on me..I am about 5 9" and 125 pounds and for some reason it looks and feels weird on me..oh well, to each it's own

12. i like the city, but i LOVE the weekenders :p
    i found the city too small and the inner pocket is very small. WE's outer and inner pocket are great!

13. Seaaaaaaaa... you're doing it again!

I WANT A WEEKENDER...

Thats going to be my next purchase... at the end of the year though :sad:

... maybe... if I can hold off that long

14. Actually, city is the first b bag i got. I feel like it's a classic item to begin with. However, once i had my part time, i carry it a lot more often and keep my city in its box. I really feel tht PT is just right for me and i can wear it on my shoulder as well. After a while, i pick my city to use again, and it's just weird tht i feel my city is so tall and narrow. May be i get used to PT. Also, i like the work as it's longer and look more balance than the city. However, it can't be easily worn on the shoulder...Tht's why i love PT the most b/c of its size and function.

15. sagranch, your sentiment is not uncommon here on tPF. I don't have a PT, but I do have a City and I love it. We don't all have to love every Bbag....right?! ;)