why do you like Coach items and is it considered mid-end or high end brand?

i think it's interesting how people say they've "moved on" from coach...

like it's a continuum of purses...an evolution...

with coach at one end...then lv...chanel...hermes...(insert others where you please).

I think it's funny...with many "higher end" bags you have to worry about them so much. (getting wet, the leather spotting, etc.) But with my Coach bags there is never a worry. Another reason why I love them.;)

I'm not certain how I feel about this. I have LV's (started with LV's actually) I have a Chanel, I have a Fendi, I have a Gucci, and I just bought a Coach legacy shoulder bag. I bought it becasue I thought it was beautiful and the quality was great, just as good if not better than those I've paid much much more for. I don't think of any of my bags on a scale of low-end to high-end. To me they are my bags and I love them, equally. Of course some would cost more to replace should they be damaged, but in the end I love them all. I love my Coach like I love my Chanel. I guess I just like what I like. Just because it costs much more doesn't make it better :yes::flowers:

i find coach to be a better buy for "fun" bags. I would go there and buy an furry bag or a bright beach bag. But for LV and Gucci I like to stick more to the basics since they are so much $$. Dont get me wrong I will spend the $$ if it is the bag I drool over but its much easier to spend a few hundred on a bag that is lets say, "in season".

i love their leather... when i was graduated from college i needed a medium sized everyday purse because all i really had until then were regular and small backpacks... i asked my mom since i didn't know where to start... she got up, went and came back with a Coach purse she wasn't using... this was last spring and the longer i use this bag the more i enjoy having it...i'm hard on stuff and my purse has been great... the quality for the price is a really nice bonus... i didn't even know much about Coach until after i had this purse and had no idea how much it cost but that didn't matter... honestly, between all of us (my family) i've been around LV, Gucci, Fendi, MJ, Coach, Dooney,etc... Coach just happens to appeal to me most, which is nice since it is more affordable than many...

coach is beautiful/expensive but I think a lot of people don't consider them as high end because they don't hold their value that well compared to LV. One reason is they have outlets for discontinud bags, selling at up to 75% off. That makes me less willing to buy full price.

I think it depends on how you are with your money habits. Someone who doesn't like to spend a lot of bags look at Coach as "very expensive" while others would only say "LV is expensive" Just depends on how you spend your money. Some of the richest people I know would never spend over $50 on a bag.

I think it depends on your location too. If you go to Farmtownville, TN no one will care or even know what Coach is unless they have been to nashville LOL

Part of the reason I like Coach is because it's affordable, not just to me but to a lot of people who like it. I don't think that beautiful things and high-quality things should be reserved only for rich people, and it makes me feel BETTER, not worse, to see many women carrying Coach because it means that a lot of people can afford to carry Coach if they want.

Plus, I just like their styles more than I like any other handbags, really. My own aesthetic is fairly preppy and Coach matches me well!

depends on your perspective. to someone who may not have the means to afford them, they are high end. to someone who only buys Hermes, they are not.

lol True.

I feel like Coach is affordable luxury. It is a great, dependable everyday bag. But you are right. To some people Coach is extremely high end. However, it is not just high end to those who can't really afford them. It is also high end to those who aren't really in the know about other brands like Hermes, Balenciaga, etc.

coach is beautiful/expensive but I think a lot of people don't consider them as high end because they don't hold their value that well compared to LV. One reason is they have outlets for discontinud bags, selling at up to 75% off. That makes me less willing to buy full price.
I don't think LV really holds their value any better than Coach.

Actually I think coach is considered "high end" in Japan. Price wise anyway. Their prices are more than double the US prices and it is not uncommon to prices in the Tokyo Coach boutiques that pass $1000 USD.

Here are just a few examples from the catalogue I got from the boutique in Shibuya a few weeks ago, converted the yen to approx. USD:
Andrea Satchel-$1070
Hamptons leather stripe satchel-$710
Leather medium duffle-$445
SOHO leather large satchel-$800
Large sig stripe reversible-$500
large carly suede-$1070
carly leather-$710
hamptons sig stripe slim envelope wallet-$445
Sig stripe wristlet-$105
Legancy leather gloves-$415

It's crazy, I refuse to pay those markups and people in the US buy me the stuff there and send it, and it is still much cheaper. Other designers are marked up too but not so bad, I paid $120 markup on my new Gucci tote, it was not enough to justify shipping from the US.

i think it's interesting how people say they've "moved on" from coach...

like it's a continuum of purses...an evolution...

with coach at one end...then lv...chanel...hermes...(insert others where you please).

Good point. I think for some people it is an evolution. Like with anything else. When they start being able to afford something more expensive, they head in that direction and sometimes feel as though if they go back they are somehow going down. I think as someone else said, if you like something, get it. Don't worry about whether it is high end or not.