WHY do you guys get so MAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurseFanatic said:
I have never heard about car manufacturers donating money to terrorist cells. Besides that was 1 point in a post about fake purses, not a political post.

I wasn't speaking of car manufacturers, but of oil. My point is, that it is naive to use terrorism as an excuse against buying a fake.

I find it difficult that people are so defensive. Life isn't fair.

Dan Brown copied ideas for "The DaVinci Code", who is outraged about that?

Just being the Devil's Advocate ;).

Fakes are bad in SO many ways, but I hardly freak out or anything.

Seriously though, why would someone--ANYONE--want to support a criminal activity? Some of the 9/11 terrorists supported themselves by selling fake bags, and there's nothing remotely classy, smart or ethical about stealing a copyright.

IMO, someone who knowingly carries a fake bag is a poser. If you can't afford the bag, fine, you can't afford it. If you want one, save up like most of us do. If you can afford 100 of them, great, shop til you drop! I may have a $1,000 LV, but I also carry Stone Mountain, The Sak and L.L.Bean. Buy what you like and can afford is my motto.

BTW, while the profit is high on designer bags, and it especially is when they become the "it" bag of the moment, the average European/American bag costs more than 10% of the final cost to produce.

coolh20 said:
I wasn't speaking of car manufacturers, but of oil. My point is, that it is naive to use terrorism as an excuse against buying a fake.

I find it difficult that people are so defensive. Life isn't fair.

Okay, I'm not saying this snipping or snotty or anything like that, I'm just a good old fashioned honest girl. But this really made me think: Why would anyone really want to BE the Devil's Advocate?? I mean, what is the point of that? Just wondering.

Well not only is it handbags. If I see one more pair of fake Chanel or LV sunglasses...Well it makes me think the same thing. Sunglasses are my personnal #1 fetish. My husband thinks I am crazy, probably just because he loses all his. But really one of my best friends was sporting some fake Chanels and I couldnt stand it I gave her a pair of my Guccis and made her throw away hers. I think whether or not some of us admit it we look at people and wonder "Do they think they are fooling us" But also I think its just that alot cant afford them.

My husband would kill me if I bought a $2500 purse! And I know that but Im not about to carry around a fake one. So instead I have a sunglasses problem. He doesnt mind if I spend $200 on glasses. But alot of husbands do! So I just have nice glasses and some Juicy bags and other $200-$300 handbags but I know they are real and that makes me happy! Like it was stated by some of you before why support terrorists, child labor, etc.. for a knockoff that costs you $300? Go buy a Juicy or a Coach or a Dooney bag and be proud that its real!

I am. My entire family is refusing to have anything to do with the book or movie, and it didn't even take a couple of tv shows to totally discredit his ideas to do it. That was just the fun part.

coolh20 said:

tr444 said:
Okay, I'm not saying this snipping or snotty or anything like that, I'm just a good old fashioned honest girl. But this really made me think: Why would anyone really want to BE the Devil's Advocate?? I mean, what is the point of that? Just wondering.

Honestly, I work in healthcare, and sometimes I HAVE to be the person that says the things that people don't want to hear, or want to believe.
I don't like it, but we all don't see things the same way at the same time.
Counterfitting isn't right,but it happens everyday. I personally worry more about my identity being copied than a purse being copied.

NewportJenni said:
Well not only is it handbags. If I see one more pair of fake Chanel or LV sunglasses...Well it makes me think the same thing. Sunglasses are my personnal #1 fetish. My husband thinks I am crazy, probably just because he loses all his. But really one of my best friends was sporting some fake Chanels and I couldnt stand it I gave her a pair of my Guccis and made her throw away hers. I think whether or not some of us admit it we look at people and wonder "Do they think they are fooling us" But also I think its just that alot cant afford them.

OMG! I thought I was the only one!!! I can not stand that and it drives me :wacko: !!! I see them all over the place! My friend also has a pair of fake Chanel's...arrrgh!

THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS LADIES!! BUT I'M SORRY, DESPITE ALL YOUR CONCERNS AND ARGUMENTS, I STILL DON'T SEE WHY YOU CARE SO MUCH. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY OFF SELLING SOMETHING, EITHER FAKE OR NOT. FOR EXAMPLE, SELLING UNDERAGE GIRLS FOR SEX, SELLING THEIR CHILDREN FOR A PACK OF CIGARETTES (HAPPENED IN FRANCE OVER LAST SUMMER, A GROUP OF PARENTS WERE SELLING THIER KIDS), SELLING DRUGS, ALCOHOL, CIGARETTES, THINGS THAT KILL PEOPLE. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE PROTEST THESE SORTS OF BUSINESSES?? AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT COMPANIES MAKING A FEW BAGS?? THE CEO OF LOUIS VUITTON IS THE RICHEST MAN IN FRANCE, WORTH 17 BILLION DOLLARS. DO YOU THINK HE IS REALLY MISSING THAT MUCH PROFIT FROM ALL THE COUNTERFEIT BAGS? EVEN IF IT'S FOR THE PRINCIPLE, IS IT REALLY WORTH HIS EFFORT? THAT COMPANY WILL CONTINUE TO THRIVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE RESPECTED FOR ITS PRODUCTS. AS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO COMMENTED EARLIER, NO ONE WAS PERSONALLY VIOLATING YOU, TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS, STEALING YOUR IDEA OR HARD WORK BY WEARING A FAKE LV. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, YOU WERE NOT CHEATED IN ANY WAY. YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER CONSUMER. THE DESIGN IS NOT YOURS TO BE PROTECTIVE ABOUT. SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE OFFENSE. LET MR. 17 BILLION DOLLARS WORRY ABOUT IT. YOU JUST GO ON GIRL, BUY YOUR REAL LV, WEAR IT IN CONFIDENCE AND ENJOY YOUR AUTHENTIC BAG.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!

coolh20 said:
Honestly, I work in healthcare, and sometimes I HAVE to be the person that says the things that people don't want to hear, or want to believe.
I don't like it, but we all don't see things the same way at the same time.
Counterfitting isn't right,but it happens everyday. I personally worry more about my identity being copied than a purse being copied.

I totally understand that and I agree that obviously everyone is entitiled to their own opinion. But, you do realize that this is a forum FULL of people who DO worry about purses being copied. I mean it is one of the big points here as far as I've seen.

mselika said:
THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS LADIES!! BUT I'M SORRY, DESPITE ALL YOUR CONCERNS AND ARGUMENTS, I STILL DON'T SEE WHY YOU CARE SO MUCH. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY OFF SELLING SOMETHING, EITHER FAKE OR NOT. FOR EXAMPLE, SELLING UNDERAGE GIRLS FOR SEX, SELLING THEIR CHILDREN FOR A PACK OF CIGARETTES (HAPPENED IN FRANCE OVER LAST SUMMER, A GROUP OF PARENTS WERE SELLING THIER KIDS), SELLING DRUGS, ALCOHOL, CIGARETTES, THINGS THAT KILL PEOPLE. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE PROTEST THESE SORTS OF BUSINESSES?? AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT COMPANIES MAKING A FEW BAGS?? THE CEO OF LOUIS VUITTON IS THE RICHEST MAN IN FRANCE, WORTH 17 BILLION DOLLARS. DO YOU THINK HE IS REALLY MISSING THAT MUCH PROFIT FROM ALL THE COUNTERFEIT BAGS? EVEN IF IT'S FOR THE PRINCIPLE, IS IT REALLY WORTH HIS EFFORT? THAT COMPANY WILL CONTINUE TO THRIVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE RESPECTED FOR ITS PRODUCTS. AS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO COMMENTED EARLIER, NO ONE WAS PERSONALLY VIOLATING YOU, TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS, STEALING YOUR IDEA OR HARD WORK BY WEARING A FAKE LV. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, YOU WERE NOT CHEATED IN ANY WAY. YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER CONSUMER. THE DESIGN IS NOT YOURS TO BE PROTECTIVE ABOUT. SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE OFFENSE. LET MR. 17 BILLION DOLLARS WORRY ABOUT IT. YOU JUST GO ON GIRL, BUY YOUR REAL LV, WEAR IT IN CONFIDENCE AND ENJOY YOUR AUTHENTIC BAG.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!

But, am I missing something here? Someone help me out. This is a forum about purses right? I mean, just purses? That's why we're all here to just talk about purses not any of the stuff mentioned above. Purses, whether their real, fake, blue, white, big, small, etc. All about purses. Am I wrong?

I don't get mad at people who carry fakes. I just think their handbags are illegal and of inferior quality. Purchasing fakes helps support terrorism, child labor, and other illegal activities.

tr444 said:
But, am I missing something here? Someone help me out. This is a forum about purses right? I mean, just purses? That's why we're all here to just talk about purses not any of the stuff mentioned above. Purses, whether their real, fake, blue, white, big, small, etc. All about purses. Am I wrong?

Well put, yes there are many bigger problems in the world but this is the PURSE forum, not politcal, world problem or whatever forum. We are not shallow (I am not saying anyone said that) or anything, it is just that we wanna talk about purses here, if I wanted to talk about world news or politics or religion etc. I would go to a forum specifically for that.

One, you don't know us personally so you can't say we don't care or protest these things (SELLING UNDERAGE GIRLS FOR SEX, SELLING THEIR CHILDREN FOR A PACK OF CIGARETTES (HAPPENED IN FRANCE OVER LAST SUMMER, A GROUP OF PARENTS WERE SELLING THIER KIDS), SELLING DRUGS, ALCOHOL, CIGARETTES, THINGS THAT KILL PEOPLE). Cause I know a lot of us are passionate about certain things whether it's the environment, animal cruelty and other stuff.

Two, as for you saying THE CEO OF LOUIS VUITTON IS THE RICHEST MAN IN FRANCE, WORTH 17 BILLION DOLLARS. DO YOU THINK HE IS REALLY MISSING THAT MUCH PROFIT FROM ALL THE COUNTERFEIT BAGS? EVEN IF IT'S FOR THE PRINCIPLE, IS IT REALLY WORTH HIS EFFORT? THAT COMPANY WILL CONTINUE TO THRIVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE RESPECTED FOR ITS PRODUCTS - yes, they actually lose millions if not billions that they would've earned if it's not for the counterfeit industry. I don't know about everyone here but if I'm loosing 30 million a year to counterfeiters, I'd be pretty pissed and I would give a damn.

And three, some of us don't get mad or pissed when we see them as it doesn't bother us and some of us do and those that do have their reasons. You asked why do some of us get so mad and they stated their reasons. Why not leave it and respect what they think?

Status
Not open for further replies.