Why do you buy Toki Doki? What makes it a *fashion* brand instead of just kawaii?

Not sure if you need this anymore... but in response:

I buy tokidoki because it is different from the normal bags I see aside from the Hello Kitty bags, which already has a connatation of being cute and for girls only. Tokidoki is an art created by the artist Simone Legno. Hello Kitty, I understand is an art as well, but as I've mention it brings about a girly icon (in an animal way). It sets the notion of anything cute is related to Hello Kitty (ironic since HK + tokidoki = collaboration) and blinds people into thinking how cute is not fashionable or cool. I think that accessibility plays apart too. Hello Kitty is EVERYWHERE. You don't see much tokidoki only in high end places (okay not high end like burberry and chanel) but in stores that usually carry other high end items - at least for me. It makes it more exclusive than our lovely cute feline we always see around.

The same goes with San-X, which takes an awfully similar anthropomorphic character style to Hello Kitty. Tokidoki has variation in its characters, in particular the girls of tokidoki. That is what makes it fashionable. These simple yet elegant tokidoki girls are a lot different than our cute small HK. Also the many different characters that are on the bags. I was looking at the Pirata zucca and my brother was there and he loves the little shark! haha he even wanted a keychain of it! It's all these different characters of all kinds (girls, animals, fruits, etc) which sets it apart the San-X/HK type.

Judith Leiber, her bags are more serious with less colors (at least the ones I've seen). I would not say tokidoki is "more stylish" than JL's bags, but rather they have different styles. Not everyone likes having a "cartoon creation" bag so they prefer different kinds like the CC (coach and chanel) ones or the simple pattern ones, so putting it on a "stylish level" won't really work since style is different. The prices should seem a little obvious in their materials: one is made with nylon and the other is basically bling (that I've seen). So price difference depends on the material as well.

I am totally not ashamed to carry my tokidoki bag around. It's more like I'm secretly wondering if there are any tokidoki lovers in MN who has taste in that kind of fashion ;] just kidding! But I love telling people, yeah this is tokidoki, not Hello Kitty! Trying to educate them about it. Of course, most of them just shrug it off.

It fits my style because it's such a happy brand! The colors really make it vibrant and out there. So much colors used, just paints happiness for me! I like Hello Kitty and San-X too, but I guess it also has to do with durability. tokidoki with lesportsac made it so the bag is reliable. I always hear lesportsac has great bags and with tokidoki on it, makes it even better! Also already mention, how it is exclusive-ish. And it has a mature look with the girls of tokidoki, at least to me it does, which shows I'm not entirely all cutesy and such, but have a different side.

If there are other cute bags, I might be interested depending on the style and everything. There are a lot of chain stores making "cute characters" that it seems really generic to my eyes similar to HK with its anthropomorphic characters. tokidoki really brings out something different through its colors and design. I guess now I see more stores trying to be like that, but meh tokidoki captured my heart first. It's hard to look for something when it's something you can't think of. I mean with td, I've never seen that style and it's not always like animal- HK-cute, but it's a different style so what I'm looking for is something different.

*sorry for the long essay, if only I could put that much thought on my papers lol ;]