Why do we spend what we spend?

I'm all about quality and not quantity. I'm a hard worker, and I believe that I deserve the best, and I earn it. I'm willing to pay for the name, the craftsmenship behind the name, and I'm willing to pay more for a bag that will last a lifetime.

I agree with so many of you - I'm a less is more convert. I wear the same jeans over and over...which ones? ... the expensive ones...so I've just made the leap to bags. I'll have this one for a lifetime and one day my 5 year old will get it..and love it too. I love all the Marc Jacobs bags. Given that, which other lines must I now discover?

I fell in love with LV as a little girl and I'm lucky cause my mom loves it also. I'm starting to have more jeans now though so my purse buying has slowed down. =( BUT I still buy small accessories that fit in my backpocket, my wallet still has to be elegant.

But the reason why I don't mind spending money is cause it's an investment and it'll never go out of style. I've already stopped buying brands that go on sale.

I think an expensive well made bag uplifts your outfit. It's something I carry everyday so if I spend money on something that I use everyday - it's money well spent to me.
People may not notice your clothes - but they always notice your accessories. Good bags, shoes, and jewelry - and you can wear whatever the heck you want to.

beauxgoris said:
I think an expensive well made bag uplifts your outfit. It's something I carry everyday so if I spend money on something that I use everyday - it's money well spent to me.
People may not notice your clothes - but they always notice your accessories. Good bags, shoes, and jewelry - and you can wear whatever the heck you want to.

Well put! I don't spend alot of money on clothes, they wear out too easily & with 2 small kids, forget it!:weird: I also seem to grow tired of clothes quickly. I do invest in some designer jeans, Sevens, True Religion, etc.. but I LIVE in jeans so I can justify it. My staple is jeans, a crisp white cotton button down shirt (can be from Target for all I care, as long as it fits well), great jewelry & most importantly, a fabulous designer bag. That's what I love & what I won't compromise on! :amuse: *I am a bargain shopper though. Who doesn't like to score a great deal!?

Because I'm old enough to know that life is short and unpredictable and while I'm looking good and feeling good, I like to preen like a peacock!!

I really love my bags.. and I work hard and I study hard. If I can afford it, I'm okay. Though now I realize I do have much, so I want and I want, but I know I shouldn't, and I don't. Although I am going shopping for outfits right now. Teehee!

acegirl said:
Well put! I don't spend alot of money on clothes, they wear out too easily & with 2 small kids, forget it!:weird: I also seem to grow tired of clothes quickly. I do invest in some designer jeans, Sevens, True Religion, etc.. but I LIVE in jeans so I can justify it. My staple is jeans, a crisp white cotton button down shirt (can be from Target for all I care, as long as it fits well), great jewelry & most importantly, a fabulous designer bag. That's what I love & what I won't compromise on! :amuse: *I am a bargain shopper though. Who doesn't like to score a great deal!?

You have just unlocked the formula for me! SO true. Fab jeans, great shirt (cheap if possible) and fab bag - this is my new motto! Thanks

:smile:

I have no one to answer to except myself. No husband, no kids, just me. So, I don't feel bad if I want to splurge on a great bag. I'm not into clothes or shoes or anything like that (well, maybe jewelry:biggrin: ), so my money goes towards handbags. And besides, if I happen to leave the house looking less than my best, I feel better knowing I have a fabulous bag with me! LOL