Why Do Sellers Take Pics in Front of Their Pool?

spew factor....100^^ !!

I think backgrounds matter.... if someone is selling a bag with cr*p all thrown around on the floor in the background I may think twice about bidding... it might make me wonder about the condition they left the bag in and how they looked after it.

I agree with what a few of the other ppl here are saying... Its better than sitting the bag on the dining room chair and only see a wall behind the bag. The natural lighting in that picture really helps to see what the bag really looks like.

I think that photos taken like this are fine for people only selling a couple items. However, if you are going to be selling on ebay you have to get some professional equipment at some point.

I like that fact that it's taken outdoors, in natural light... but yes, she is showing off!! I think she might be saying, "I'm rich, this bag can not possibly be a fake."

I'm not looking at the bag though. The background is too distracting. Good thing she doesn't need the money... :lol:

Ditto the above statement!

^^^Hi, Louisey!

I think I have been not paying enough attention to all parts of the Ebay photographs, and from the snopes photos, I'm glad I quickly scan the photographs. Those are some pretty ugly body parts! I was LOL really LOUD, and my husband actually came over to look at the photos!

Cute topic, fun reading all the responses.
Depends where you live......every house in my neighborhood has a pool, it doesn't mean anything, only that it's HOT here most of the year !!!!!!

I think, as others have stated, it's simply a seller who is putting some effort into her listing in the attempt to make that listing look better. Some folks look into things WAY more than they need to.

I like that fact that it's taken outdoors, in natural light... but yes, she is showing off!! I think she might be saying, "I'm rich, this bag can not possibly be a fake."

I'm not looking at the bag though. The background is too distracting. Good thing she doesn't need the money... :lol:

I thought the very same thing!