Why Do Ebay Sellers Just End Their Auctions?????

1. I have been watching several bags and actually two of them were from people that came highly recommended from this site.

I have never sold bags on eBay so I don't know how this really works. I'm just curious why they would pay to list their auction for 27 days and end it after 4 or 5 with no bids.

Any clue?
    :yes:

2. I didn't know you could list anything for more than 10 days. If the auction ends without bids, it may be that they sold it via another route, or maybe decided that they really didn't want to sell the bag. I did that once, recently. I decided I was an idiot and ended the auction since it didn't have any bids yet--decided to keep my bag after all.

3. I've seen things up with a Buy it Now for 29 days. I think they sold it one way or another.

4. Maybe they got an offer outside of eBay...

5. It's funny because these two sellers have stores and several of their bags were ended early today. I just thought it was odd. They were 27 day auctions. That's a long time. I didn't think you could list for that long but that's how long it indicated.

6. Don't quote me on this, but I think that if you have an eBay store, you have longer listing options versus an individual seller like myself. We only get the 10 day max listing option. I think they must get cut a deal on fees as well since I've seen some sellers endlessly list the same item for literally months. Doesn't pay to relist very often if you are someone like me!

7. that was definitely an ebay store item and the fee structure is completely different than if you dont have a store-ebay just raised the sellers fees for store listings and if all the things you were watching were store items that could be why the sellers pulled them out-the increase went into effect 8-15.

8. There were a couple of things I was watching awhile ago and I'd finally bid on them, then all of a sudden, the seller just ended the auction and didn't have anything up for sale anymore. So I'd emailed about it and they just said "oh they will be relisted this week.." and they never relisted them.
    No idea..

9. It's because right now there is a promotion running where it is only 10cents for store owners to move their store inventory auctions to auction format/buy it now auctions.

10. Hmmm.... seems weird. I have no clue why they would do that.

11. :yes: Hi,
    Being an eBay seller myself I can definitely explain this one!:nuts: When you have a store (mine is My Loss Your Gain) you get the option to list your items as "Store Inventory"...it costs about $.03-$.05 cents...they last from 30 days to 60 days, whatever you chose...

The good...is the price...the bad...not much exposure for your items! It is a lose-lose situation with eBay...the fees are getting higher and then you will have the Paypal fees! YIKES!

Anyway, to make a short story long...hehehe...:roflmfao: ...I will end auctions at the drop of a hat b/c if someone is willing to trust me outside of eBay then I will opt to end my auction and it will say "this item is no longer available." (most are repeat customers so they know that all my items are authentic...they just want the bag and don't care about the feedback!)

I feel bad for the potential bidders, but I am tired of eBay...tired of people making $10.00 offers on a $3000.00 Chanel Bag!!! Someone did that to me this morning!

So when someone wants a deal...a REAL DEAL on an AUTHENTIC item that HAS NOT BEEN USED and DOES NOT go on sale...the only way to reduce the price is to go outside of eBay and have the buyer pay through Paypal eCheck ($5.00)

...I know it sounds nuts and it's against eBay policy, but guess what, eBay is just upset that they haven't gotten the money. Anyway, there are so many fakes on eBay, so many picture thieves, and just tiresome solicitations...hope this gave a little insight as to why someone would end an auction. Here are a few other legitimate reasons:

~Decided not to sell & keep it:graucho:
    ~Returned the item b/c it wasn't selling
    ~Someone didn't mind going outside of ebay and saving $$$

Hope this helps,
    Kristy

12. I have ended several of my store inventory way early because I was fed up with eBay. But then I forgot to end the rest and they recycled for another month ...:push:

13. All of the reasons Kristy mentioned do happen. Also, I have converted listings from store listings to auction listings when ebay is running a listing fee promo. This causes the old store auction to appear "ended" even though it was relisted as an auciton listing.