Why Coach sends a METAL brass hangtag to replace my lost LEATHER hangtag?

Can I ask a dumb question? Let me preface this with: I'm just barely starting to pay attention to the purses I carry. OK...my Coach purses have all come with things hanging off of them - hangtags?, I guess. They are just little tags that say, "Coach". Some are leather, some are metal. I always take them off. Do people tend to keep them on? I am a weirdo for taking them off?

^I think you are in the minority. Some people take them off but the majority keep them on. If you don't like the way they look then, by all means, take them off but that's one of Coach's signatures - the hangtag! :yes:

I've been waiting for a replacement hang tag for my Denim Signature Strip Tote for almost a month. I got an order number, but have yet to see the tag. I order a mini skinny two days after I got the order number for the tags and I already received that.

i say go ask your local boutique if they have any extras, i've heard that if coach can't find any, or for whatever reason they don't have them, they'll send you a brass one.... i would rather go with out one than use the brass one just because imo, looks fake! most of the knock offs use metal tags, and i wouldn't want anyone to think mine wasn't real! (even though coach does make some with brass tags.... still kwim?)
i've never lost one of my tags, but in the future when i get a new bag, i'm going to clear nail polish the closure.... just in case!

Hangtags are simply an accommodation for customers who have simply lost the ones that came on the bags. They don't charge for this because they don't make an abundance of hangtags to give out and they know this!

So if you think you'll lose yours, just simply put a couple drops of super glue on the ball chain and it won't break apart as easy!

coach told me they only keep customer information for 2 weeks to "protect the consumer" I found this out during my bag color coming off mishap because I wanted them to look up how much I paid for the bag. Funny, I think if they really wanted to they could get any info they want. I think CS is going downhill

coach doesn't keep anyone's credit card info for security issues, & for the customers' sake.

Can I ask a dumb question? Let me preface this with: I'm just barely starting to pay attention to the purses I carry. OK...my Coach purses have all come with things hanging off of them - hangtags?, I guess. They are just little tags that say, "Coach". Some are leather, some are metal. I always take them off. Do people tend to keep them on? I am a weirdo for taking them off?
I am LOOKING for those tags! Long story, but I have inheritage some Coach bags from my Aunt. I guess my Aunt took them off like you do, she passed away so I can't ask about it obviously. Some are missing hang tags... you didn't happen to save the one's You took off DID you? Would there be a way, if you did, to talk to you about this further?

My email address is [email protected]. If you still have those it would be WONDERFUL! So I know who you are, if you are nice enough to respond, please put "Coach Tags" as the subject title.

When I Googled replacement tags this conversation came up, anyone else reading this, can you tell me where I could get replacemnt tags? Does the store actually have extras? They will GIVE you? I just don't know where to look and have been Googling and trying to find an answer all night..LOL. Coach OCD or something LOL.

Have a good day everyone!

I am LOOKING for those tags! Long story, but I have inheritage some Coach bags from my Aunt. I guess my Aunt took them off like you do, she passed away so I can't ask about it obviously. Some are missing hang tags... you didn't happen to save the one's You took off DID you? Would there be a way, if you did, to talk to you about this further?

My email address is [email protected]. If you still have those it would be WONDERFUL! So I know who you are, if you are nice enough to respond, please put "Coach Tags" as the subject title.

When I Googled replacement tags this conversation came up, anyone else reading this, can you tell me where I could get replacemnt tags? Does the store actually have extras? They will GIVE you? I just don't know where to look and have been Googling and trying to find an answer all night..LOL. Coach OCD or something LOL.

This thread is 4 years old so I don't know that you will get an answer from the poster you quoted. However, if you read the thread, you should have learned that you can call Coach at the 800 number or go into a Coach store and ask for the hangtags. They will give you what they have but they might not have tags that match older bags. Sometimes they will come up with a substitute, which is why many people get the metal tags instead of leather. You have to know the style number of the bag. If you are going to ask in person, it will be helpful to bring the bag with you. Good luck.

If any of the suggestions above do not work, you can always look on eBay or Bonanza for the ones you need.

Last edited: