Why buy an LV Scarf or Bandeau?

I love LV bandeaux and I want one to put in my hair as Nyria's avatar ! lol ! I have very long hair and I often wear a bandeau.
It is not easy to find a really nice bandeau.

LVbandeaux are so... beautiful ! :drool: :yahoo: I don't speak english enought to find the good words.

PS: 1 bandeau, but 2 bandeaux ... French is difficult I know... ;)

i like LV Bandeaus becaus of the prints they make them in and how they match some of my bags so well. I've tried tying them in my hair but I don't think I do it right cuz it ends up slipping off so I use mine around my neck, around my waist or on my bag.

i bought my groom bandeau cause its lv yeah >< and i found that it would only make sense to me to have a lv bandeau for my lv noe ^^ got the great idea form this forum ^^

I would say it's the same reason people by LV bags instead of say...Michael Kors, Nine West, Banana Republic, Guess, etc. because 1) quality but also 2) the name.

This may come off as rude but it's not meant to be.....my point is just that, these questions are kind of pointless because it's almost rhetoricaly, you know what I mean? It's like....why do we buy anything? Because simply......we WANT to, we CAN, and we WILL. ;)

AZIA, I'm glad you posted and mentioned "1) quality" because I guess that really was my question -- what kind of QUALITY differences are there between LV and the more affordable scarves and bandeaux? I can certainly pick up a Guess bag and an LV and see the difference in quality (materials, workmanship, design, and how it lasts) but how do I know what to recognize in a scarf?

Here are mine:
100_8052.jpg

As you can see, I'm quite biased. But really, the bandeaus are affordable ($112 for cotton and $120 for silk) and the silky ones are SO soft and gorgeous. In addition, the designs are different from a lot that are out there.
But if you don't want to spend the money on them then you should just get a different one that you like from another brand instead. It just doesn't seem like you really WANT any of the scarves or bandeaus because they really aren't worth it so it would be hard for us to change your mind. It would be a shame to have a gorgeous scarf on your bag that you don't really like or regret purchasing, KWIM?

No no no... I'm afraid many of you are misunderstanding me. It is NOT that I don't want an LV scarf -- in fact, I recent received my first one, a black MC bandeau from elux! It's just that while I know quite a lot about designer bags and completely understand why I spend a premium for them, I simply don't know enough about scarves. My original post was only to request information. I am not casting aspersions, believe me. Is my request is any different from someone who had never touched, seen, or used LV before coming here to learn what makes it so valuable to so many people? (Besides the logo factor... that I get!)

I think part of the answer you are looking for may be that loyal LV customers are more apt to purchase the scarves and pay a premium because of confidence with the quality, appreciation for the brand, the fact that the art and logo are directed towards the taste and products of current LV customers all of which even the prettiest silk scarves at a department store are not. Also each season LV tries to maintain the trend of the scarves along with the trends of their other items.

Its an accessory to LV items, not just an accessory.

For me personally, I have only just started to purchase the scarves, and I actually bought a scarf and bandeau in the same design I like it so much - the colours for both me and my LV items were perfect :smile:

Thanks for the question, and thats just purely my thoughts and opinions on it.

I also buy LV bandeaus because they match with other things in the same range...I mean, a twilly from Hermes doesn't really match a pair of Hermes shoes, does it? Whereas you can have a white MC bandeau around your neck with a cute pair of ballerina white MC flats on your feet...

Rebecca, i am SO envious of your black MC bandeau! I've been waiting forever for mine :sad:

I also buy LV bandeaus because they match with other things in the same range...I mean, a twilly from Hermes doesn't really match a pair of Hermes shoes, does it? Whereas you can have a white MC bandeau around your neck with a cute pair of ballerina white MC flats on your feet...

Rebecca, i am SO envious of your black MC bandeau! I've been waiting forever for mine :sad:

Call 1-866-vuitton. There are still black MC bandeaux around. I just realized I mis-posted above. I had originally ordered from elux, but they only had the blanc, so I returned it and called LV direct and it was LV who sent me the black one. Sorry for that error. And thanks for your comments, much appreciated!:yes:

Beth, in Australia we cannot utilise e-lux or 1 866 vuitton as we do not have as many stores as USA. We only have 9 Australia wide so sometimes it is harder for us to get things.

Unfortunately, Suzie is right. Thanks anyway Beth! But guess what?? A black MC bandeau arrived for me today - it looks SO gorgeous against black epi, really spices it up. Will post pics after this weekend.

Two Tiffanys twillys are supposed to arrive from Sydney for me on Thursday afternoon, so I will be interested to see the quality of them vs LV.