Who's Comfortable W/out Wearing Makeup In Public?

Who's Comfortable W/out Wearing Makeup In Public?

• Only if I'm going somewhere casual like the groceries or bank.

• If leave the house, makeup is a MUST!

• I can live with minimal makeup, but not no makeup at all.

• I don't feel like I need makeup to be pretty.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Once in awhile, I'll go without makeup to the grocery store, bank, random errands, etc. However, I feel very frumpy and plain when I do that...and I don't like that feeling! So 9 times out of 10, I *do* wear at least a little makeup even when I'm just going to buy groceries.

I am NOT a natural beauty....no one would EVER look at me makeup-less and think, "What a pretty girl." I'm pale, covered in freckles/age spots, have oily skin, and sort of bland features that aren't remarkable in any way. Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore and yes, looks DO fade with age. However, when I wear even just a teensy bit of makeup, it makes a HUGE difference and suddenly -- I'm kinda cute! hehe. My makeup artist tells me that I'm one of those people who transforms completely with the help of makeup...I think it's because I have such "blank" features that the difference is dramatic when I have makeup on. I like feeling "put-together," so even if it's a weekend and I haven't washed my hair and I'm in sweats....at the very least, I will still have eyeshadow/liner/lip gloss on.

I have to wear tinted moisturizer for a bit of coverage and then some eyebrow pencil and maybe lipgloss now and then.....thats my everyday routine.

I do like make-up and would like to wear a bit more color but its such a hassle and it somehow makes me feel like Im covering up or hiding and so I tend to stay away.....

It's not that I don't need make up to feel pretty, it's more that I don't always need to be pretty....
I am too lazy and late in the morning to put any, also I feel it's more healthy for my skin, and it's only work where everything is so casual.
But I can't go for a night out without make up, bc then I need to feel pretty, if that makes sense ! So make up for me is for special days only !

My thoughts exactly!!!:smile:

I like wearing makeup but it won't be the end of the world if I leave home without any on. I'm back in school full time now and I'm lucky if I make it out the door with enough time to get to class. If I can squeeze in some makeup, great...if not, oh well.

Sometimes I put on a little eyeshadow or light lipgloss if I am going out to dinner or something but during the day I never wear makeup. My husband actually doesn't like makeup and I really don't feel that comfortable wearing it. I do think on some women it looks great though but on me I feel like I look like a little kid in dress up, it's too much for my colouring.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']I feel self conscious if I leave the house with out mascara because my eye lashes are blond, so I can look tired and my eyes look small if I don't wear mascara. Other than that, I'm fine going out with no make up.[/FONT]

It depends on how my skin looks. If it looks fine with no makeup I have no problem running my errands with no makeup. If dh and I are going out or if I go for a day of shopping with my mom, I usually put it on.