Who's bothered by paying high tax on LV items?

You know we don't have state income tax here in Texas... right? :yes:

Yes I do know. Your point is? :confused1: We still have to pay taxes regardless. I just don't think its fair to suggest to go another route just for wishing we could pay a lesser price. Suggesting to travel to another state to make the purchase is even worse. I though this forum was also intended to be able to sympathize with other members and not critize them. Being sarcastic towards other members is not necessary. I don't complain about paying taxes on LUXURY items. I can afford them. I agreed with the comment stated by our fellow member for the already mentioned reasons. ;)

^ Thank you! :smile: It's simply a discussion. This forum's just for people to make friends and talk to other people who share their love of bags... its like a safe haven to obsess about things, chat, and share with others because people in our everyday lives who arent into purses must think we're nuts for talking about it day in day out. Its a wonderful forum because there are those who will sympathize with you. Its fine to disagree as everyones entitled to their own opinion but there really is no need for sarcasm or criticism. One reason I love this forum so much is because there is low tolerance for such things and people here are so kind.

^ Thank you! :smile: It's simply a discussion. This forum's just for people to make friends and talk to other people who share their love of bags... its like a safe haven to obsess about things, chat, and share with others because people in our everyday lives who arent into purses must think we're nuts for talking about it day in day out. Its a wonderful forum because there are those who will sympathize with you. Its fine to disagree as everyones entitled to their own opinion but there really is no need for sarcasm or criticism. One reason I love this forum so much is because there is low tolerance for such things and people here are so kind.
I agree. :yes:

Yes I do know. Your point is? :confused1: We still have to pay taxes regardless. I just don't think its fair to suggest to go another route just for wishing we could pay a lesser price. Suggesting to travel to another state to make the purchase is even worse. I though this forum was also intended to be able to sympathize with other members and not critize them. Being sarcastic towards other members is not necessary. I don't complain about paying taxes on LUXURY items. I can afford them. I agreed with the comment stated by our fellow member for the already mentioned reasons. ;)

Not trying to be sarcastic (apologies if you felt that way). That's why I had the smiley in my post. :smile: Just pointing out that we all pay our fair share which was really my point.

i'm not bothered by the tax.. considering they tax everything the same in OC/SD. and considering i'm in OC.. tax is still charged when i order from elux, so it makes no difference.

i don't like to pay taxes on food though.. like mickey dees. -_-

I don't care how much money someone has, I don't think anyone wants to just give away $200. KWIM

Oh boy. Let's not get too upset about this. :smile: Taxes are taxes and we pay them. It is not giving away money - it is paying for society. We pay tax on most things we buy so there is that. (again - inserting smiley so hopefully no miscommunication! :smile: ) To me it just seemed silly to fret over $60 on a $1K bag.. Regardless - I hate taxes too. Just trying to clarify some of the statements made ( I pay 10.5 percent.. someone else pays 5.5.. wot is the deal?). Probably was diverting from the original topic but sometimes we do that. :smile:

I think the folks who pay around 25 percent are people who live in countries that have free health care (y'all correct me if I am wrong!) so again it evens out. Let me leave this with good vibes, aye? :smile: Sometimes I suck at communicating.

Oh boy. Let's not get too upset about this. :smile: Taxes are taxes and we pay them. It is not giving away money - it is paying for society. We pay tax on most things we buy so there is that. (again - inserting smiley so hopefully no miscommunication! :smile: ) To me it just seemed silly to fret over $60 on a $1K bag.. Regardless - I hate taxes too. Just trying to clarify some of the statements made ( I pay 10.5 percent.. someone else pays 5.5.. wot is the deal?). Probably was diverting from the original topic but sometimes we do that. :smile:

I think the folks who pay around 25 percent are people who live in countries that have free health care (y'all correct me if I am wrong!) so again it evens out. Let me leave this with good vibes, aye? :smile: Sometimes I suck at communicating.

I agree with ya. Taxes are taxes and there's no escape unless you decide to leave that country/state/province for another. Eg. My dad's income tax every year is almost 50% of his salary and he just says, "that's life".