Who's bothered by paying high tax on LV items?

MMmmm - Does Hawaii do a charge/ship to CA with no tax?
And do you have to have a Hawaii purchase record first?

Because the LV Hawaiian boutiques have a seperate system from the other US stores, they can ship to the mainland without charging tax (it states on the receipt "tax exempt"). Prices are lower too- saved $5 on my groom cles, $10 on my groom agenda and perfo cles, and $15 on my scarf. They charge a $20 minimum for shipping (which may or may not increase with distance or size of package- I've only ever been charged $20 for accessories shipped to California) and purchases over $2,000 get free shipping. And yes, to order you must be in the Hawaiian system, and to be in the system you must have made at least one purchase in person at a Hawaiian boutique.

considering the prices in the uk include tax i feel sorry for all of you in the US. your paying a tiny bit more than people in the UK then your tax is added on top.
(some taxes totaly make no sense 20% is high but in the UK we even pay taxes on tampons because they are classed as a luxury!!!!!!!!!!!! whats that all about)

I dont know about the rest of UK but in Germany and France, even with the high taxes you pay which are included in the price, its still cheaper than our base retail price without adding our taxes. =T Ahhh I need to have relatives living in states other than CA, t hen elux it is!! =P I just hope i get new items from them

Because the LV Hawaiian boutiques have a seperate system from the other US stores, they can ship to the mainland without charging tax (it states on the receipt "tax exempt"). Prices are lower too- saved $5 on my groom cles, $10 on my groom agenda and perfo cles, and $15 on my scarf. They charge a $20 minimum for shipping (which may or may not increase with distance or size of package- I've only ever been charged $20 for accessories shipped to California) and purchases over $2,000 get free shipping. And yes, to order you must be in the Hawaiian system, and to be in the system you must have made at least one purchase in person at a Hawaiian boutique.

I need to make a trip to LV Hawaii! Then I can make a bunch of phone orders later on....