WHOA...Deja Vu...scary.

1. Guess what guys?
    I got ANOTHER second chance offer today!
    But this time, I know it's fake because the email wasn't from eBay, and the sender had a male name when the seller was a female...
    I bid on a used Cream CB papillon a little while ago and lost...I knew I'd lose, since my max bid was $650 and I knew that it'd go for more than that, although it wasn't in the greatest condition. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this guy is HORRIBLE at faking second chance offer emails, this is what I got:

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid is again available for purchase at your
    last bid amount!

Item name: Rare Authentic Louis Vuitton Cherry Blossom Papillon
    Item number: 200038348198
    Your Price: US $650.00

Second Chance Offer

Dear karman*, i have made you this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was unable to complete the transaction.
    The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange feedback with me and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.
    eBay does not charge an Insertion Fee to send a Second Chance Offer. Sellers pay only the Final Value Fee when the offer is accepted.

To purchase this item please e-mail directly at : jefols51@gmail.com

At least know the format of the second chance offer emails before sending me a fake! I replied to this email with a nasty response; I hope he feels ashamed of himself. I also warned the original seller and reported the email to eBay...saying that it was a fake second chance offer, because it says in their "Help" second to foward all fake offers to spoof@eBay.com. This is the reply I got from eBay:

Hello,
    The message that you received is not a real Second Chance Offer. It is a fraudulent email from someone attempting to sell an item outside of eBay.

How can you tell if a Second Chance Offer email is legitimate?

You can make sure that a Second Chance Offer is legitimate by checking your My Messages section of My eBay. All legitimate Second Chance Offers will be forwarded from eBay and will appear in My Messages. Real Second Chance Offers will never direct you to email the seller or contact them at a different email address.

***Important***
    For future reference, you should be cautious if you receive an email with the following subject line: "Message from eBay Member." We do not use this subject line when we forward official Second Chance Offers to you from the seller.

Yeah, DUH, I KNOW that it's a fake email! That is exactly why I fowarded the email in the first place! I even said in my message that it's a fake second chance offer email and I'm reporting it. Now do something about it! Jeeze, eBay is so NOT helpful sometimes.

By the way, for my CB pochette second chance offer, the seller still hasn't responded and today's the deadline for her response. Looks like I'll be getting my money back. :wlae:

2. Yuck!

Glad you're getting your money back on the other one!

3. Glad you'll be getting your money back!!!

4. I'm happy to hear you'll get your money back Karman. The waiting is the worst part.

5. thank you so much for sharing this story. it helps me stay on the look out. i hope everything works out for you.

6. They are idiots! I swear!

One time I got a fake Paypal invoice saying that I bought a Rolex watch and that if I didn't buy it, I should dispute it by putting in my Paypal password and username... I almost fell for it too until I took a second look.

7. Ok this is getting really freaky! I checked my junk mail and I've received THREE more second chance offer emails!! One of them looked REALLY GOOD, although I don't plan on accepting the second chance offer anyway even if it was true, I did check eBay and eBay did not have it...so it was fake! I haven't sent this many emails to eBay in a day!!

8. :s ...:yucky: Thanks for the warning!:flowers: