Who wanted to see that new Tokyo scarf? Well here it is!

I saw this scarf when I was in Tokyo last Nov. The Ginza shop had one in red and gold displayed and it was magnificent. Unfortunately I don't have much use for a scarf so I opted for a Twilly (no pocket scarf). They came in two other colors, one green and gold, but I don't remember the other.

attachment.php

They also had some ties to commemorate the re-opening of the Ginza store and DH bought one in a deep red. The pattern represents the glass panes of the Ginza store.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GinzaTie.jpg
    GinzaTie.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Ginzatwilly.jpg
    Ginzatwilly.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 118
^^^Westie, I first heard of this scarf coming out as a special edition to commemorate the reopening of the Ginza store. At the time, I heard it was sold in Japan only. It must have been a big hit for them to take it internationally. It explains a lot. Thanks for the info.

HG,

I went to Tokyo a few weeks after they issued the commemorative items and they still had tons. I'm not sure if the Japanese really took to the scarf due to "Tokyo" being printed so prominently (this is what I read on a Japanese Hermes forum).

Okay, so here's the information I have.

I asked an SA in an NM in the Midwest last week whether they had this scarf, whether they were going to get it, etc. She said she looked it up in their order book (or something?) and would check with her manager, but that she thought they were going to get it in sometime in the next month.

Not specific information, but it's the best I've got.

Thanks HG and Westipup for posting the link and pictures. :flowers: I had been wondering about this design as well. It's a a bit monochromatic for me in the carre, but I think the twilly is awesome! I hope we can all find it in the silk.