Who Loves The Snow!!

I'm in northern NJ and it looks like the "snow storm" for today is just going to be snow showers with sleet and accumulation of less than 1 in. Both of my son's schools are closed today (I don't know why.....nothing is happening right now!) and I don't know what's going to happen on Sunday. Oh....and I don't mind the snow when I'm in the house, all nice and cozy but when I have to drive anywhere....UGH! hate it! and when it starts to melt, it gets all sloppy and muddy and I just can't wait for summer to arrive.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Oswego1.jpg
    Oswego1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Oswego2.jpg
    Oswego2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 60
Me too!

Many people think I'm seriously nuts for loving snow so much. They are like, "it makes the roads slippery", or "it is freezing." I don't care, I just love it. It is really pretty and I love watching it fall - the heavier the better. I have walked through 2 snow storms in my life so people should not even be complaining.

I especially love watching snow fall in the night. The sky never gets completely dark and it's just an absolutely beautiful scene as the snow falls into the stillness of the night.

Yes it's pretty - but when you live where I do & get snow every winter & have slipped right off the highway because of it when you were going super slow - you don't love it so much especially with an hour commute! We're expecting maybe a foot today.... hence I took the train. Yes I am complaining darn it! I do like a white Christmas though:tup:

Well, snow isn't fun to shovel and it's not nice before the roads are clear, but REALLY we don't have to go out when the roads are bad. DH can walk to the train, I can stay home with the kids.

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snow and I always have. I love the crisp feeling in the air. I love the SILENCE as everything is padded, but then when it hardens, it crackles underfoot. I love watching the wonder in children's eyes. I love looking out the window at night at a cold snow when everything is truly glistening white. I love playing in the snow and then coming in for a hot cup of cocoa. OMG, the MEMORIES I have of snow are some of my vividest memories of all.

We live in Northern Virginia now and the snows are usually wet and sloppy and hit or miss and I MISS, MISS, MISS the snows of most of my life (upper Iowa, Chicago, Ontario near Toronto)... LOVE IT!!!!

I love the snow too! I'm in boston and it's supposed to snow up to 8 ins tonight, and even more Sat night...as long as I can still get to lab and class I'm totally fine. So much fun to play in!

Also, I was planning on waiting outside Best buy for a wii sunday morning really early...hopefully a snow storm will keep people inside and increase my chances!

Wow 8" in Boston?
I was there one weekend after a foot of snow and there wasn't any place to put it!
The traffic was terrible and some streets you couldn't even drive down!!

PS Are you at BU?

I love the snow too! I'm in boston and it's supposed to snow up to 8 ins tonight, and even more Sat night...as long as I can still get to lab and class I'm totally fine. So much fun to play in!

Also, I was planning on waiting outside Best buy for a wii sunday morning really early...hopefully a snow storm will keep people inside and increase my chances!

I really, really miss the snow. sometimes we go up to big bear so i could ski and roll around in it.:smile:
what was really great was while on deployment we went to dubai and we got to ski in the Mall of Emirates (sp)?it was so fun!