Who is a gym-a-holic??

1. I've been going to the gym for the past 4 years. The last 2 was when i really got serious about it. I lost a good 15 pounds and now i'm a bit pooped out. I go everyday, except fridays because i work late. I run, elliptical, bike, and stairs...everything! I'll do three of the 5 three times a week and the other 2 two times a week...plus some weight lifting, so that's about 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day i spend at the gym. In the past two weeks i've been skipping my sunday workouts...and sometimes i feel like "omg this is the beginning of the end". I read this article about people who are addicted to the gym...and i think i fit the description pretty good!

Can anyone relate?!

2. I'm not quite to your stage yet, but I'm working on it! I want to be. I feel infinitely more accomplished when I DO go there, it just makes the whole day better. Its all about habits and I'm building up to make it an everyday thing that I can rely on.

It really does clear your mind. Those endorphins tend to clean everything out well:tup:

3. I'm a group fitness-a-holic? I don't do anything else at the gym other than that and use their hairdryers. I go about four days a week. I also do yoga elsewhere two days a week.

4. *raises hand* :shame:

I only joined the gym last Feb in order to get in shape for my friends wedding in Canada (wedding was in Aug 06)... I thought after the wedding and stuff I'd stop etc... but I go everyday! EVERYDAY! I don't have a rest day, but I do alternate what I do if I feel lazy... But I'm always doing at least 30mins of cardio and some sort of weights.

I've become so addicted that this year I've decided to study to be a Personal Trainer! Everyone is like asking, "are you serious?" :lol: You see, I smoke like a train and drink like a fish as-well... which is something that will probably not change :shame: I just want to do this course to see how and why things are done and when I'm done with it I can do it on the side of my normal job.

0o0o0o0, tomorrow is a new day - that means I get to go back to the GYM!!!!! :yahoo: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

5. I wish I was ...I'm more of a "potato coach - a holic"
    I'm making a big effort to get myself to the gym more and do more than just watch tv that in our cardio section :O

6. Yes, at one point I was addicted.. I HAD to go ... I would go an hour, then an hour and a half.. at my apex I would stay 2 hours in the gym daily. But then I had exams and I stopped, and now I'm fat.

7. Oops I forgot to say if I felt bad not going sometimes!

To tell you the truth, i've not yet strayed from my schedule. But then, group fitness is different, it's a set time each week so it's just become part of my uni/work timetable. I get bored if I don't go.

8. I used to be...

Then I got fat and haven't been back! :roflmfao:

But seriously, I used to go twice a day 5 times a week. I got down to 145. Then school was over and I only had to commit to 8 hours of work 5 times a week. McDonald's became my friend and I got married, then had a baby...now I am at 229 (per the scale at the dieticians) and am trying to get back into shape. It'll be a hell of a long road, but I am up for the challenge...

9. lolll. This was cute and funny:tup:

10. I'm a gym addict :shame: I've been going 5-6 days a week for the last four years. It started in college, when I lost 25 lbs with changing my eating habits, exercising more and just making a lifestyle change in general.

Now, I get up Monday-Friday at 4:45 a.m. and hit the gym for an hour, hour and 15 or so. I get ready in the locker room, then go to work. It's much more convenient than having to exercise after a long day at work. I also go either Saturday or Sunday, depending on my schedule.

I weight train 2-3 times a week, and my cardio consists of running, sprints, elliptical, stepmill, recumbent or stationary bicycle, and sometimes a Spinning class. If I'm up early enough on the weekends, before it heats up, I sometimes run outdoors.

Gym addicts unite! There is nothing wrong with exercising - it beats stress, releases feel-good endorphins and is excellent for your health. Just be careful not to overdo it to the point of injury or feeling so exhausted afterward, and you'll be fine :nuts:

11. i was in college. it got to the point where i hated myself if i wasnt working out for 2 hrs a day (even on days that i took a 1 1/2 hr yoga class). now i focus more on overall health and making sure i do some activity every day. although i think i need to get myself in a slightly better routine.

12. wow..4:45am is really crazy!!! I cant drag myself out of bed that early every morning to save my life. I am so impressed, i've always wanted to be one of those people that worked out in the mornings...working out after work is such a hassle. Esp trying to get there before everyone hoards the place.

13. That is one of the main reasons I switched to morning workouts. It's much less crowded and you get your workouts done in a shorter amount of time, rather than having to wait in line for a machine to become available :rolleyes: Also, sometimes I'm so exhausted after work that I crash right when I get home. If I'm done with my workout in the morning, it's over with! :nuts: It did take a month or two to get used to it, but it's worth it!

14. Wow I am also impressed with the 4:45 workout. I am not a morning person at all and was never one of those people that could exercise early! I am going to the gym almost everyday too but I find that I am more motivated when I take a class. I usually like spinning or weight lifting. If I go on the machines myself, I notice that I tend not to push myself the hardest for the full hour.

15. :shocked::woohoo::shocked:

WOW - you go girl!
    Hearing that - I can drag my lazy ass to my noon exercise class.
    Thanks for the motivation!