Who inspired your LV obsession/collection?

I fell in love with Vuitton in France.Seeing an older bag on the street being worn by a very chic woman just hit me.She appeared to be perfect in an effortless kind of way.I knew then and there I had to have that bag!The bag was the noe!

Actually, about 3 years ago I took a trip to New York City. I had alway been a handbag girl but never paid attention to the expensive ones, i just always bought the cheaper one's that I liked. We'll on this trip I was so overwhelmed with NEW YORK, it was immediate love. Then I saw all the bags they were selling on the street. We were walking through the diamond district and some guy called us over to look at "some bags he hadn't put out yet" and i fell in love with the white MC....so i bought it. I didn't even know what LV was at the time. I came home and looked it up on the internet and still didn't know mine was fake. I was just REALLY naive and thought I got it from someone who got it from someone.....Then the handle broke, and i relized it was glued and not stitched. So I was really embarressed and PO-ed. Not until I started posting here did I ever look at another LV. now I dream about everything in Mono.

I still have that broken one and have no idea what to do with it but I cant throw it away, its my only keepsake from NY besides memories.

Hubby's cousin who worked for Chanel!

I was complaining that I needed a durable bag. I had a 2 yr old and wanted it big enough for a diaper and a few snacks. She told me to grab a speedy. 17 years later the speedy is still going strong and never needed repair!

My mom. She has been carrying a Mono Sac Plat since the time I could walk, so I grew up seeing that bag and she still carries it today. Funny that now she always sees my purchases and wants to buy more. I guess we enable each other :biggrin:

Was never impressed with LV since I'd only noticed horrible fakes of who knows what bag it was... then I walked past the LV boutique... and love at 1st sight w/ the Alma... and since then... HOOKED!

I always have this romantic idea of passing down my bags to my daughters, as I received my first LV from my mom. And IT IS TRUE, we are what we buy and what we buy definitely is influenced by peopole surround us. (and in many cases we are other people's bad influences.. heh)
thanks for all your replies on my first thread!

Ive always admired them from afar, but then after seeing the Cerises Speedy, (sadly out of season so too late to buy) - I fell in love :love:

Then after reading this Forum and seeing everyone's beautiful bags, I decided to save up for a really good LV bag - or either find a Cerise or wait for a Speedy that I will love as much.

So its this Forum that has inspired me to invest in a good bag definitely. Thanks everyone :lol:

i had always purchased chanel, gucci, and dior but always wanted a vuitton

it wasnt until my trip to france last summer that i bought an audra and manhattan from the rue montaigne boutique and a belem from galeries lafayette... oh how i would love to go back!

The story of how I became obsessed:

I went to a small, private, ubercompetitive, very affluent college in Upstate NY, and lots of students came from wealthy New England/Long Island families. It was pretty much a rite of passage for many girls to receive pearl earrings & necklaces, nose jobs, boob jobs, BMWs, and Louis Vuitton bags for their birthdays. I did not grow up around these luxuries, so naturally my curiosity peaked as I was constantly surrounded by these fabulous handbags. I remember one girl in particular who had a monogram bucket that she carried to class everyday. She wore it with flipflops, jeans and her Northface fleece... she wore it with skirts... she wore it with dressed... it went with everything, and it looked so effortless. It had a rich, dark patina, and definitely passed the test of durability, considering our erratic weather. I thought it was an utterly beautiful handbag, and I promised myself that I'd work my a$$ off to have something similar some day. Then I graduated, got a job, and it was all downhill from there (for my bank account, anyway!) ;)