Who do women dress for?

imo, it depends on occasion

in the everyday, i dress for other women. most men don't understand trends and fashionable. at least, in my group of friends. they like solid, neutral colours. nothing funky.

when it comes to a special occasion (date, cocktail party) where dresses/gowns are in order, i think women dress for men.

that being said, in general, i probably care more about what other women think of my outfit than other men.

I agree!!

I dress for myself. When I look good, I feel good and it makes me more confident. I could really care less what men think. As for women, well...I don't really care what they think either but it's always much nicer to hear a compliment from another woman rather than a man. I think women are more appreciative of good style.

I'm not sure I understand the 'dressing for other women' thing... to impress friends? To set trends or go against them? Is it an approval or status thing? friendly competition or what? Forgive my ignorance but I hear it all the time and I always felt:confused1: because I wasn't sure what people were refering to.

I dress for my ego and confidence! Its always lovely to be complimented on an outfit, and gives your cnfidence an automatic boost :smile: I never dress for men generally, as I feel many of the men I know prefer more overtly sexy dfressing and I'm not comfortable or confident wandering about with tonnes of cleavage :smile: I dress for myself, to feel good, and if I feel good I generally feel others will think you look good!