Whitebus: Pros and Cons.

1. Dear Hermesophiles,

I have seen a few pictures of the whitebus, and am seriously considering the investment(I have to call it that!). For those of you who own this piece of art, can you please tell me your experiences with it? Good, bad, anything would be helpful. Pics of your bags too would be a god-send!!!

It would help to inform me of the types of leather your bag is made of and how useful the bag has been thus far. I love the fact it is so anonymous and recognisable only to certain people i.e those in the KNOW! I think I would have to go with a 40 cm - does it come in that size?

Thanks so much to all of you in advance.

Eric

2. This is so great, can't wait for all the experts to chime in on this one, I love this bag as well and is seriously considering one in Box :love:

3. I saw one in potrion Chevre that was beautiful; I am still lusting for it. Maybe it would not be recognized as Hermes, but it would be recognized as a beautiful bag. It is the only one I have ever seen.

4. you wouldn't happen to know the price of the one you saw would you? How big was it if you had to guess?

5. I'm hoping they'll have one at SF this weekend. They did a few weeks ago but I didn't ask about it. :sweatdrop:

6. It seemed the size of a 35cm Birkin and it was in the hands of another Hermes customer, so I did not see the price. It is a rigid bag.
    IMO, this is a bag I would order in a lovely bright color as it does not scream Hermes, and I personally like neutral colors in the obvious Hermes bags.

7. Ditto!

8. It came in two sizes, GM and PM. The PM was discontinued a couple of years ago. The GM comes in both a horizontal and a vertical version.....that's all I know.

9. So far, I've seen it in box and coromandel.

10. Laura on Project Runway had one and it really looked elegant and simple, and seems to hold a lot

11. When I first saw it after Rose posted a pic., I thought 'Wow, that really epitomize what Hermes is all about, dress-down luxury, discreet and luxurious at the same time.' Anyway, here are some pics. hope you gals enjoy them.
    Orange:
    LOIRE BOUTIQUE - ƒƒ[ƒ‹ ƒuƒeƒBƒbƒN _ŒË(ƒGƒ‹ƒƒXAƒVƒƒƒlƒ‹) -
    Red:
    LOIRE BOUTIQUE - ƒƒ[ƒ‹ ƒuƒeƒBƒbƒN _ŒË -
    Ostrich Blue:
    30cm Brown:
    30cm Black:
    LOIRE BOUTIQUE - ƒƒ[ƒ‹ ƒuƒeƒBƒbƒN _ŒË(ƒGƒ‹ƒƒXAƒVƒƒƒlƒ‹) -
    Vertical Black:

Sorry, can't help with the Japanese language :smile:

12. The only downside is if it rains, stuff may get wet as it is an open briefcase/tote.

13. Great work tote. Love it!! I want one now. Are the readily available at boutiques or hard to find?

14. THANKS for the pictures.
    Another disadvantage: I do not think it has the little metal feet on the bottom which would protect the leather. (I am not sure of this)

15. Hard to find ..... Mad Av only has one, a vertical.