White vs. Beige Flap?

I would do beige. I have a beige and before I had a bright white which picked up color transfer. While I was able to get most of the color transfer off, I could still see a very slight shadow which if it were beige, the slight shadow wouldn't have shown.

View attachment 3419949 Maybe a visual will help. My white jumbo was purchased in 2011 and beige in 2012. No discoloration/yellowing of the white at all. I did get denim transfer on the back side of my beige but I was able to remove it completely and so it still looks pristine. My opinion is the white makes a much bigger statement than the beige, even though I use the beige more lol. Even with the ghw, I feel the beige comes across more casual in comparison to the white.

May I ask how did you both get the denim colour transfer off? I just purchased a beige bag and while it looks absolutely gorgeous, I am so afraid of colour transfer now -- I have a one year old nude bag and its absolutely trashed and grey now :/ any other general tips for caring for a beige/nude bag would be appreciated too! Thanks!

May I ask how did you both get the denim colour transfer off? I just purchased a beige bag and while it looks absolutely gorgeous, I am so afraid of colour transfer now -- I have a one year old nude bag and its absolutely trashed and grey now :/ any other general tips for caring for a beige/nude bag would be appreciated too! Thanks!

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend what I did lol. I had a m/l beige flap in lambskin and I got denim transfer on it as well years ago. I sold that and purchased my current caviar beige jumbo and so when I realized I got some blue denim transfer on this one I wanted to cry. I figured I've already defaced the bag, might as well see if I can macgyver this thing and figure out how to remove it. I took a semi damp white towel and applied it gently over the area that had the denim transfer (which is the top portion of the pocket on the backside). I applied slight pressure to saturate that area then I took a wax base make up remover with a q-tip and gently applied it over the area. Once the area is covered I took a soft dry white towel and gently wiped it off. There was no color bleeding onto the towel and I noticed some blue color on the q-tip. I carefully examined the area where I was testing it and everything seemed fine so I continued. After 5-6 cycles, the area was completely cleaned. Again I have to reiterate, I would not recommend doing what I did. I was just very desperate and didn't want to turn my bag in to get redyed because I heard it can make the bag stiff. The bag looks fine to me and my sa examined it and said he doesn't see any damage to the leather but he also doesn't recommend it lol.

Reactions: Doodles78
Also if you got the caviar leather, I just periodically wipe it down with a slightly damp wet towel and dry it off immediately with a dry towel. I know some people like to use alcohol free baby wipes. Keep it stored upright in the dust bag. I don't worry about it getting dirty but sometimes the inevitable happens and something may spill over it, etc. At the end of the day, a bag is just a bag no matter how beautiful it is. Use it and enjoy it. If it gets dirty while taking care of your precious baby then when they grow up tell them they owe mommy a bag

I used a very soft microfiber cloth and Cadillac leather cleaner. I patiently and gently cleaned it.

If I had to choose between the two, I would vote for the beige bag. It is so incredibly classy and can be worn all year-round whereas the white to me is strictly a summer bag. I used to have both and sold the white flap. Honestly the bag was super duper high maintenance. Every time I wore it, I had to clean the back from color transfer...I repeat...every. single. time. And while I did not end up having any major lingering stains on the bag, over the years the glue on the bag started to turn a nasty yellow. It wasn't too noticeable by the time I sold it, but I knew it was there. I've also noticed that with repeated sun exposure, the bag was also starting to yellow. Not canary yellow but like a dark cream. It was noticeable when I wore it against white clothing. Long story short, the white is a stunner when you first buy it because it just looks so fresh and crisp, but it is a high maintenance bag and from my experience it does yellow a bit over time.

Also if you got the caviar leather, I just periodically wipe it down with a slightly damp wet towel and dry it off immediately with a dry towel. I know some people like to use alcohol free baby wipes. Keep it stored upright in the dust bag. I don't worry about it getting dirty but sometimes the inevitable happens and something may spill over it, etc. At the end of the day, a bag is just a bag no matter how beautiful it is. Use it and enjoy it. If it gets dirty while taking care of your precious baby then when they grow up tell them they owe mommy a bag

I used a very soft microfiber cloth and Cadillac leather cleaner. I patiently and gently cleaned it.

Thank you both for the tips! I have Chamberlain's leather milk no 1 conditioner, while that isn't a cleaner that may work hmmm. The more important thing is getting over my fear of ruining the bag from colour transfer! My workplace is rather casual and jeans were recently "allowed", so ironically I've been wearing more denim recently. Guess I'll try to carry the bag doubled up if I do end up wearing it with denim! (It looks so incredibly chic with denim..!)

Thank you both for the tips! I have Chamberlain's leather milk no 1 conditioner, while that isn't a cleaner that may work hmmm. The more important thing is getting over my fear of ruining the bag from colour transfer! My workplace is rather casual and jeans were recently "allowed", so ironically I've been wearing more denim recently. Guess I'll try to carry the bag doubled up if I do end up wearing it with denim! (It looks so incredibly chic with denim..!)

Be careful though because dark shirts could cause color transfer too. Basically, I didn't wear jeans with the purse again and only wore it with silk or non-natural fabrics (like polyester/modal).

Honestly, no matter what light colored bag you wear, you run the risk of color transfer, so I say choose the color you love. I love both BC and white. White is amazing in spring and summer.

Last edited:
White ghw looks amazing,hard to clean,but so is beige,i think beige looks good in summer,but something my gran would wear,white looks the bomb

Sent from my SM-T560 using PurseForum mobile app

I would chose the white! I have the white with SHW and it is my favorite out of all my chanels. So clean and crisp like others have said. I haven't had much problem with color transfer. Mostly avoid it from rubbing on jeans.