White Metal with LV?

1. I generally wear white metal jewelry but the Manhattan has a lot of the gold hardware. Does it look tacky to not change my jewelry to coordinate? I stopped wearing gold a long time ago and prefer the white metals.
  2. prefferance i hate it others love it go with what you love
  3. I don't think so, but there are a number of LV pieces with silver metal, such as the new epi pieces and the new brown coloured suhali pieces as well so you could match if you'd like !
  4. My SA told me that LV is starting to change to the silver tone hardware due to the fact that a lot of women are now wearing white gold or platinum jewelry.
  5. ^^^Ewww. I don't know how I would like silver hardware on some monogram pieces :push:
  6. I don't mind wearing my Mono LV's with white metal jewelry, but I think some of the other lines, like Suhali would have too much gold hardware for me to mix metals.
  7. I say, dont wear it at all! The hardware on some of the bags like the Manhattans are bold enough to catch the eye. Wearing alot of other jewelry would go overboard. Wear a nice gold bold ring and your fine.
  8. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you have an ungodly Mr. T amount of metal on, lol.

I just cannot imagine the classic monogram with silver hardware. I hope they only plan to use the silver sparingly in the new lines...
  9. Well I already have the Manhattan and a beautiful platinum sapphire ring I always wear.

Guess I'll have to walk around "unmatched".

10. And carry it in good health. :love:
  11. Yes Ayla! I was in LV today and saw the black and red Speedys with silver harware. Beautiful!

12. let me help you out...send me either item. :p I'll match my outfit to your stuff :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

13. Haaaa! :lol: :lol:
  14. I was thinking this same thing...thanks for asking jello_1955...i typically wear silver jewelry but now with the LV I was thinking I should opt for golds. But I'll just have to pick up something in the epi line!!
  15. I actually hate silver . . . I'm working on removing it from my wardrobe entirely. (Going so far as to have belts re-finished and hardware changed on shoes and stuff!) I am sad because some LV lines that I really love (like the Taiga bags) have silver hardware . . . so I have the exact opposite problem! Oh well. I personally don't like mismatching my metals, but if you can pull it off, more power to you!

(The only things I'm really going to miss are my silver Tiffany rings and my silver Donatella Versace ring! Oh well . . . sniffle . . .)

PS - one trick that helped me out sometimes . . . if you have one piece (a belt or necklace or ring or whatever) that has *both* silver and gold hardware mixed, I feel like it helps coordinate the look of "clashing" metals. I have a ring that my (late) grandfather designed for my (late) grandmother made of white and yellow gold and diamonds, and it helps me get over the feeling of "clashing"!