White MC speedy canvas turning yellow

hmmm...my MCs aren't doing this..... however, I do know that colour transfer can happen if you own the white MC. I remember getting a pair of new jeans and since I let my speedy sit in the crook of my arm and kinda resting on my hips, the back of my speedy has a bluish tint to it....... oh well

Okay, I just need to build up the courage and take it in. I don't know why I have so much anxiety over it!!!! I guess I'm just afraid they're going to say no. It's really silly because I exchanged a mini hl with the same problem without any hassle... but I was living in Chicago at the time, a much bigger city than where I live now.

I took my keepall in after months and months of thinking about. I took it in to LV and they stated it would cost me $675 to replace both pockets:sad: wish they could do more for me, as I paid well over $2000.

I took my keepall in after months and months of thinking about. I took it in to LV and they stated it would cost me $675 to replace both pockets:sad: wish they could do more for me, as I paid well over $2000.

That is ridiculous!!!! :cursing: They're replacing my pocket for free. Did you talk to a manager? Is there another store you can take your bag to? Usually the bigger stores are more familiar with this defect.

Hi, This happened to me too I have it in for them to replace the front pocket on my speedy.. I'm waiting for it to come back.

I'm very very nervous cause I got alot of pink colors on the front pocket and had ask them to replace the pocket with the same colors.

I did not have to pay for the repairs since this is a defect. And for those of you who do not have receipts it's not hard for them to see your bag is authentic once they look at it the SA should know how to help you. Good Luck to all!!! Waiting anxiously for mine to come back....

I should have asked them to keep the same colors for my pocket since my speedy has alot of pinks too. It's already been 4 weeks and I was told it could take up to 6. I hope it looks as good as new. My husband bought me a white MC wapity, and the SA assured him that the problem no longer exists.... I guess we'll see!!!

Well.. I bought a white speedy 30 on eBay last year and it had the peachy discoloration on the pocket. My SA gave me a brand new speedy on the spot. She said due to that dye lot, the whole bag would get affected eventually.
Adeener, when you get your bag back, keep a close eye on the rest of the canvas.. if you see any yellowing at all, bring it back and insist on a store credit or a brand new speedy! It's crazy that different stores have different policies regarding this COMMON and well known defect!
LVobssesed, I would fight for your money back! That is crazy!!! I can't believe they charged you??! They should have been apologizing for your trouble and given you a new bag, or at the very least a FREE repair! UGH!!!

That is a Vuitton-noted defect. I returned a Multicolor white Rift bag earlier this year to eLuxury since the front pocket on mine started to do the same thing. Unfortunately it will only get worse, since there is no way to stop it or clean it. The red lining is actually bleeding thru the canvas.
Again, this is a defect that LV knows about and will do refunds/exchanges for as long as you have a receipt. I am not buying any more white Multicolor items since this tends to happen to the white items. It's one of those things where you don't see it, and then all of a sudden it starts happening, even if you baby your LVs. LV is apparently still researching why this is happening.

I checked vuitton.com and now Rift is available only in black!!!

Ok I found this picture on eBay and this Wapity shows a bit of yellowing on it.

^Strange the yellowing part is not so near the vachetta... I thought the yellowing should occur along the piping since I've read the yellowing is caused by the vachetta?...hmm...but that's certainly stopping me from getting a white mc wapity.

Well.. I bought a white speedy 30 on eBay last year and it had the peachy discoloration on the pocket. My SA gave me a brand new speedy on the spot. She said due to that dye lot, the whole bag would get affected eventually.
Adeener, when you get your bag back, keep a close eye on the rest of the canvas.. if you see any yellowing at all, bring it back and insist on a store credit or a brand new speedy! It's crazy that different stores have different policies regarding this COMMON and well known defect!
LVobssesed, I would fight for your money back! That is crazy!!! I can't believe they charged you??! They should have been apologizing for your trouble and given you a new bag, or at the very least a FREE repair! UGH!!!

I guess it pays to have a good relationship with an SA!!! ARGH... I love white MC, but I just need to give it up altogether. :crybaby:

Aww that's sad. I was about to say that the sides of my MC mini HL turned totally yellow and when I brought it to the LV store, they checked on it and gave me store credit for the current price of mini HL. I was happy about that since I didn't carry it much.
But I dunno anything about speedy... do u know what year was it made? I think my mini HL was from 04.

Did you have your receipt when they gave you store credit? I'm asking because I have a lot of white MC stuff and don't have the receipts (will start saving them now though).