White leather faded to yellow...fixable???

1. To my dismay, my brand spanking new white leather bag has faded to an off-white, yellow-ish hue without ever having been used!!! :crybaby: It's long past the refund period, so what do I do?? Has anyone else encountered this? Is this fixable??? Should I bring it back to the boutique and see if they can fix it??

TIA!!!!!

2. That's awful! What brand is it? I haven't had a white bag in so long, but I don't recall it ever happening. Unless it's years old, it doesn't seem like it should go off-color that fast.

You'd have nothing to lose if you go back to the shop and at least ask them if they've encountered the problem before or what their suggestions might be.

3. ITA, that's very strange.

4. It's my small Gucci white leather shoulder bag with the half horsebit hardware on the front. I guess I'll have to take it to the Gucci boutique and see what they say... :shrugs:

5. I would for SURE take it there...I imagine they will be more than happy to make a suggestion or help you, after all, that is not at ALL a small purchase. That is odd, too. I also never seem to buy a white bag, mostly for the "dirt" factor!

6. I hope you're right! I've been thinking for a while now that I should bring it in...but something keeps me from going. I think it's the fear that they'll tell me that nothing can be done...that would be rather devastating... :crybaby:

7. Definitely take it back to the store...do you mind me asking what brand it is? :smile:

8. Gucci

9. OMG I need to stop dying my hair blonde...its starting to look into my brain!! LOL

10. White leather often fades and turns yellow... Unfortunately, I've heard that there's nothing that can be done. But still take it to Gucci and see what they'll do for you--good luck & keep us posted!

11. ^ yup.

but i think it's a specific type of white leather...the type that cannot be cleaned with a cleaner and is vachetta?

i've seen it on the streets! pple still carry it nonetheless... i'm hoping my white bag won't turn out that way, the legacy one that can't be cleaned? i have other white bags that have been treated and can be cleaned and moisturized.

two years later and it's still white! (well almost, one or two corner is a bit dirty)

12. I am told by many that white leather bags can be re-dyed.
    I was interested in Chanel's white classic flap, the store manager said that it should be re-dyed every ~10 years; there's a local leather repair shop that is recommended by many stores here.

13. Patent leather cannot be re-dyed though.

14. OH! I hope the bag can be re-dyed!!!!!!! I'll try to bring the bag in to the boutique tomorrow...fingers crossed!

I'll let you know what they say...

15. Wow good luck. It might be hard to redye, but might work~~