Whistle Bag review

1. Why a City/twiggy girl would want a Whistle bag
    I first became interested when I saw the black/silver combo. Thought it looked like the shape of the twiggy (which I love) but the large size seemed bigger (which I wanted).

Similar to a twiggy but with a silver buckle and leather straps across the length of the top zipper. Calf leather, not goat like the motorcycle line. Has the cutest little silver whistle and key on a small chain around a strap. Lock seems purely decorativie.
    Dimensions of large bag (avail in 3 sizes): 17" x 9" x 11" 16" strap, can be worn over the shoulder. Retail $1590 (?). In comparison the twiggy measures 14" x 7" x 6" and usually cannot be worn on the shoulder.

So I got it and...
    I love it! It's still a really cool Bbag, but it's a change for those of us who might have a dozen and are getting a bit bored (God I sound pretentious! Really I'm not).
    I love my cities in classic colors, and die for the 03's and 04's with pewter hardware (almost impossible to find a twiggy in those). I also love the shape of the twiggy because I find it "sits" better on a table or counter. The city spralls like an ungainly big dog, panting, with it's tongue hanging out. I've also often thought, I love the twiggy, but find it a touch too small for a day in the life of a busy mom. The silver hardware totally attracts me as I'm not so much a gold or brass girl.
    Calf leather is thicker and more substantial than goat leather, but still wonderfully soft and distressed. I *really* love it. It does add a bit of weight to the bag, nothing like a paddy though.

Who would want this?
    Someone who is bored of the "regular" motorcycle line and is looking for a change.
    A gal who loves the shape of the twiggy but finds it too small.
    Someone who is just jonesing for silver hardware and can't resist the lure of the adorable whistle, lock and key.
    A Chloe girl who finds the paddy too damn heavy too drag around. Really, this is Balenciaga's version of the paddy, and having owned both, I can honestly say I prefer the Whistle.

So here are pics. I got the cafe color and attached the tassle from the mirror onto the zipper (the moto line has conditioned me, can't live without my tassles) and it's taking every ounce of will power not to chop off that silly zipper pull. And if anyone wants to send me another cafe tassle I would be eternally greatful!
    One of the pics shows how large the bag is with my rouge vif money inside.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    cafewhi1.jpg cafewhside.jpg cafewhtop.jpg cafewhinside.jpg
  2. Thanks for your review Sunspark! Your new whistle is so pretty! I love it in Cafe! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :smile:
  3. Nice!!!

the leather looks amazing!
  4. Great review! We should have one of these for each style =)
  5. That is too adorable!!! Love the whistle charm on the bag! It's a beautiful addition to your beautiful collection!
  6. Love it!!!!!
  7. Gorgeous! I love the whistle bags. Is there anyplace to put the buckle straps if you don't feel like having to undo them each time you want to get in and out of the bag?
  8. i think it's a beautiful bag! I loved it in rouge vif this past fall season...
  9. ^You actually don't have to undoe the sliplock, just push it aside and unzip easily. But it undoes very easily, but can be a nuisance to take the time to do up. You could also tuck it in underneath the zipper and zip over it.
  10. Great review~! Thanks for taking the time to do a review Sunspark~!! And your bag looks gorgeous~ Congrat!
  11. The leather looks just stunning on your Whistle! Congrats!
  12. I just got the Cafe "special" edition Whistle with the Crocodile! It's just slightly different in that it doesn't have the front zippered pocket and the hardware is Rose Gold! I've "augmented" the bag with my Skull Charms (3) and the '05 Bronze Metallic Boobie! I'll try to take pictures when I get back to the states; I just love this bag ... the leather is WONDERFUL!
  13. Super cute! I like it in cafe too.
  14. *dies* Rose Gold Hardware?! I can't wait to see pics of this. It sounds divine.
  15. sunspark, congrats and thanks for the write-up! The leather is soooo smooshy! I saw one in ivory with some exotic leather (can't remember whether it's croc or ostrich or ???), and it's really TDF!! :nuts:

I was wondering tho about the zipper, that it can totally unfasten. How do you find that? Is it such that if you're careful not to totally unzip it, then it's fine? KWIM?