which style Chanel handbag would you get?

1. Which Chanel handbag would you recommend? Never bought one yet and want one for a xmas gift for myself.. and having a hard time deciding which design I want.. if you can include a picture of it.. that'll be great too! thanks in advance!

p.s. i really like this bag http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270191148399&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017 but its sold out nationwide in Chanel boutiques and its hard to tell if its authentic or not from eBay so I want to buy something authentic from the Chanel boutiques instead.. if you can recommend anything.. i would appreciate it!

2. If you got to the reference section you can find tons of pics of Chanel bags. Its hard to recommend a bag off the top like that without knowing more. GL with your search.

3. I always recommend a jumbo or a GST for a first Chanel. Both are part of the classic ligne and will never go out of style. Chanel has trendy bags that are released every season, but those two are timeless.

[​IMG]
    ^My Jumbo Classic Flap in White Caviar.

[​IMG]
    ^Ashley Tisdale with a Classic Jumbo Flap in Black Caviar

[​IMG]
    ^Katherine Heigl with her GST in Black Caviar

4. does a GST come in a silver strap instead of gold? thanks for your help!

5. ^Yup, the GST comes with silver or gold hardware. :yes: Katharine Heigl's GST is silver hardware.

6. Would you tell me how much is the GST with silver hardware?

7. Can you be more specific? Do you want a large tote, a shoulder bag, a handbag, or an evening bag?

There are so many good ones, it's too hard to pick!

I am new to Chanel, and only have the Timeless clutch, but I'm thinking more and more about the jumbo flap in black (not certain re: leather, etc.). Such a classic bag.

8. which one is the jumbo flap?

I want a shoulder bag with silver straps (preferrably) that is a classic which won't get old and not too "dressy"

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

9. You should spend a little time in the reference library to get more familar with whats available.
    Its very helpful:tup:

10. is there a reference library here at TPF?? How have i missed this! Does anyone know where it is?