Which Shipping Method Should I Use? Post Office or UPS?

1. I just sold a LV bag on eBay today, and was wondering if I should ship it thru the Post Office (Priority Mail) or UPS? I just want the safest way to protect myself. TIA!

2. I think either is fine, but as long as you use the post office, make sure the method you send is trackable and requires a signature upon delivery.
  3. I didn't know you can get a tracking number at the Post Office, I just thought they had Delivery Confirmation only.
  4. Depending on where the buyer is located (out of country) they would incur unnecessary brokerage fees payable upon receipt if you use UPS.
  5. You can definitely get a tracking number at the Post Office :biggrin:
  6. ^^^^Thanks so much! I will go ahead and take it to the Post Office. I'm planning on getting insurance, tracking, and siggie required. Thanks for your comments everyone : )...
  7. Remember that USPS only insures up to $500.
  8. USPS insures for over $500. That limit is only if you buy online or at the Automated (APC) Machine at the post office. They'll insure up to $5k if you buy the insurance at the post office, or up to $25k for registered mail. Here's the link: http://www.usps.com/insurance/welcome.htm
  9. ^^definitely true. I have sent Chanels insured for $2000-3000 through USPS a number of times. I always take it to the PO. I want to make sure I get everything right -- insurance, tracking, signature confirmation etc.