Which shampoo have you found aweful and in your opinion which one has worked?

1. How have you found the various shampoos to work on your hair extensions once you decide to wash them?
    You leave your hair extensions technicians with your wonderful new and longer locks. They look really good for the first few days and then you have to wash them!
  2. I've never had extensions, but I've had a bad experience with shampoo. My hair is naturally very fine and curly, but there's lots of it. I went and bought Matrix's shampoo and conditioner for curly hair, thinking the big price tag would mean good. Boy, was I wrong! First (and only) time I used it, my hair was a big knotted mess even after the conditioner. I spent a looooong time detangling it and needless to say, I never used it again.
  3. I also used something for curlyhair--began with a 'k' and was in a white/orange bottle--it was horrible. Dried out my hair and tangled it like the pp said about the Matrix! I use Nexxus Therappe and Humectress now and love it!

4. I usually find that cheap diluted super market brands like VO5 or Herbal Essences dont work very well. I love Herbal Essences for their scents but it really does nothing good for my hair other than making it smell good. I have thin dry hair that has a lot of damage and I find that Biolage works the best. After only one use I saw a noticeable difference in the condition and feel of my hair.
  5. I hate Dove shampoo. Smells bad and doesn't do anything to your hair.
  6. I believe Sallys Beauty Supply has special shampoos just for hair extensions
  7. Ugh, yeah. That too. Huge knots in my hair after trying it as well.
  8. Garnier Fructis made my hair fall out -- same with my two best friends. No idea why.

I;m a big fan of Biolage and AG shampoos, though.
  9. I've use TONS of diff shampoo brands in the past years..both drug store & salon products.

Right now, I'm hooked on DOVE for color treated hair. It's been working GREAT for me. I don't lose any hair either!

The worst for me was PAUL MITCHELL COLOR PROTECT line. Eeeeek. It always left a greasy feel and never felt clean at all.
  10. Herbal Essences just dry out my hair completely (I have thick curly hair) and I just started using a new shampoo and conditioner from the Body shop and it is BRILLIANT! I have used it for one wash and I can already see the difference, my hair is thicker, fuller and softer.

Here is the link:http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/28125&bklist=
  11. Shampoos I like and have worked well with my straight, fine hair are Kerastase, Biolage, Head and Shoulders and Neutrogena. Hair products with dimethicone are always good for detangling and straightening effects.
  12. I love Frederic Fekkai Technician shampoo/conditioner..for color-treated hair.

I also just bought the Technician mask....it's amazing!

I hear that Pantene is one of the worst shampoos for your hair, but I used to use it all the time!
  13. I like salon brands better than supermarket brands. I'm using John Masters Organics at the moment, and I'm in love with it. It's made with essential oils so my hair smells gorgeous afterwards.
  14. I had the WORST luck with Jonathon products. I wanted to love them so bad as I love that guy but they really SUCKED bad! LOL
  15. I used Redken All Soft on mine. Don't leave conditioner on your hair for a long though or they will slip out.