Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh MYH, I am twins with you on this beauty and want more more more!! IMO, this scarf is the most gorgeous piece of silk art that has come along in my two year silkie life.

Sophieg: honey, congratulations upon Wedding Announcment!! :heart::woohoo::heart:

Pegase: we must get the moutard cw of this scarf and be twins. :lecture: I want a GM so badly!! Why is it not in my collection??? :pout:

Anfang: what a special scarf!! The top one with the black ship on pink sea!! Wow!! I am on a PINK crazy lately!

Beautiful!!! Is this for pics only or did you ACTUALLY FINALLY wear her out!?!? I love it!! And it's perfect tied this way to show everything... Maybe a new found love for 90s with this way of tying?? Lol ;)

Last edited:
Sorry to be off theme but I am desperately trying to wear all my scarves twice. It's a self-imposed rule I created for myself before I am allowed to buy more scarves.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1375975844.495333.jpg

Last edited:
Chestnutty and TankerToad, your Bateaux are made for dreaming !

lanit, I agree, this theme is one of my favourites too !

I played with mine to find a conductor : here are 2, both pink, one on the sea, one under, one pale, one bright : Feux de Route Aperçus la Nuit en Mer and Grands Fonds :
Anfang - thanks for posting these beauties, especially the pink one I have never seen before! I was tardy to the scarf party and am only familiar with designs that go past a few years. I have still so much to learn.

Silkies - this is my favorite theme week other than Mousseline week! Here are my corral of corails for you and more to come...as I am slightly obsessed with Aquatic Life being a Pisces and all. These are from the archives and I will take some new ones when I get a break in the next day or two. Rocaille I and II, and la Legende du Poisson Corail.
Lanit - can't believe I missed this post. Those are some amazing scarves that are bang on theme! I'm always in awe when some of you scarfies have multiple scarves for every theme. I especially love seeing the oldies but goodies. Thank you for sharing these! :heart:

Thank you for the lovely comments on my Dominos:-MYH, Lanit, Chestnutty, Sophieg :flowers:
No I have not seen any AW13 here yet, SS13 was bad for me but good for my wallet:smile:

MYH and Sparklelisab - that Bateaux is beautiful I have looked at that but i fear the etoupe colour is not good on my colouring- I'd have to go for the cerise one but I love the border its gorgeous:yes:

TT - great GM the blue is very striking:tup:

Lanit - your seashells are lovely both the real ones and the scarves :yes:

Anfang - your pink scarves are right up my street TDF:ps:

Etoile de Mer here's waving at you:dothewave:

Today's scarf - les Parisiennes de Kiraz

How very pretty, scarfaddict, this look is so light-hearted and feminine. Perople must have been smiling at you all day. :smile:

Sorry to be off topic but I am desperately trying to wear all scarves in my drawer twice. It's a self-imposed rule I created for myself before I am allowed to buy more scarves.
View attachment 2287646

Gorgeous scarf, MYH. You don't want to miss out on something great though while you're undertaking this project. We have done "multiple scarves" theme weeks, showing how to wear more than one scarf at a time. That could be a help? :graucho: Though it's harder in the summer, unless the scarves are in the smaller sizes or mousseline. Good luck to you!

Gorgeous scarf, MYH. You don't want to miss out on something great though while you're undertaking this project. We have done "multiple scarves" theme weeks, showing how to wear more than one scarf at a time. That could be a help? :graucho: Though it's harder in the summer, unless the scarves are in the smaller sizes or mousseline. Good luck to you!
Pierina2 - you are so smart! I never considered that I could "cheat" my own rule by wearing multiple scarves at once. I could tie maybe 4-5 scarves together in a rope ladder type apparatus and then coil it around my neck and fulfill the terms of my rule in no time at all. I'm sure I will look like a complete sweaty dork but hey, I will be able to buy new scarves faster!

I'm sticking my fingers in my ears when you say I might miss out on something! I can't crack now... I can't crack now... It's only Day 2 of my project. Yesterday, I wore Les Sportives.

Yes - of course you should consider redirecting or redistributing those silk funds to jewelry. Lately I have not been particularly inspired either, and the new collection must move me to edit something in my existing stock of silks to make me part with them to make way for anything new. I justified the Quadridge since I had nothing like it in either the mousse or other silks having parted with my original 90 cm twill a few years ago. I opted for the Pousse, and I bet you will find the right Galop piece soon. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

I look forward to seeing your Quadrige stole pop up in your posts! :smile: I'm finding even with my tiny collection, it's time to edit a bit! ;)

Hi girls - thank you so much for the compliments on Les Parisiennes: Etoile de Mer, Sophieg, Lanit, MYH, Anfang and Pierina:flowers::flowers:

Etolie and Sophie - OMG I have been slack with the blog and the royal arrival - I will have to make amends - however I am in London for the weekend - the Bolshoi Ballet are in town and I am visiting the Palace and Clarence House so I will try to do a royal themed blog when I return home!! Thank you for the "nudge"!!

MYH I love your idea to wear your scarves twice - I am trying to just wear mine too and thankfully the air con at work is allowing me to indulge:-

Today wearing Ferronerie - I adore pink and red together so seeing as it is red week for the cashmere I decided to be bold and wear this pink beauty with my red - there is a red ribbon in the scarf design and I think it works OK - "very YSL" as Princess Diana once said of her own lovely red and pink coat dress once!

Attachments

• DSCF8763.JPG
    DSCF8763.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 531
Beautiful!!! Is this for pics only or did you ACTUALLY FINALLY wear her out!?!? I love it!! And it's perfect tied this way to show everything... Maybe a new found love for 90s with this way of tying?? Lol ;)
Hi jp_536! If the question you asked is for me, then I have to confess I just tied it for a picture to contribute to scarf theme week and did not wear it out that way. It is too hot where I live right now. But the way I tied the Tout les Bateaux du Monde scarf IS my most favorite way to wear a 90cm scarf. It shows alot and is really comfortable. No choking or too much shifting during the day.

Hi jp_536! If the question you asked is for me, then I have to confess I just tied it for a picture to contribute to scarf theme week and did not wear it out that way. It is too hot where I live right now. But the way I tied the Tout les Bateaux du Monde scarf IS my most favorite way to wear a 90cm scarf. It shows alot and is really comfortable. No choking or too much shifting during the day.
Oops! Just realized your question was for Sparklelisab. Sorry!

Oh MYH, I am twins with you on this beauty and want more more more!! IMO, this scarf is the most gorgeous piece of silk art that has come along in my two year silkie life.

Sophieg: honey, congratulations upon Wedding Announcment!! :heart::woohoo::heart:

Pegase: we must get the moutard cw of this scarf and be twins. :lecture: I want a GM so badly!! Why is it not in my collection??? :pout:

Anfang: what a special scarf!! The top one with the black ship on pink sea!! Wow!! I am on a PINK crazy lately!

Beautiful, sparklelisab! The colors of the Bateaux are so lovely with your hair. Congrats! :woohoo:

Silkies - this is my favorite theme week other than Mousseline week! Here are my corral of corails for you and more to come...as I am slightly obsessed with Aquatic Life being a Pisces and all. These are from the archives and I will take some new ones when I get a break in the next day or two. Rocaille I and II, and la Legende du Poisson Corail.

Gorgeous scarves, lanit, both of them! Quite a good theme week for you. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.