Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You look really great! Le songe de la licorne is such a nice carré!!

2. You look AMAZING!!

And come on Scarfies, when you cheat, you never look quite as good as H! :giggles:

3. Chestnutty, Pegase, seton, hsick, scarfaddict - :ty: Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and holiday for those in the U.S. or ex Pats.

My favorite pochette colorway foxgal! You were it beautifully!

seton - positively KO at his best and on you!

Miss you dear scarfie - waiting to see your cheatin' heart silks this week!

Excuse me while I completely unplaster myself from the computer screen Pegase. Wow, fainting and swooning and now I wish I had not passed up the chance last year. Bet it looks awesome on you...:faint::drool::hbeat:

Gosh do I need to run to look at these Etro silks. What a beautiful pair of cheatin' silks MYH! Looking fabulous on you!

Super gorgeous on you dooneybaby - love the CK dress too. Must resist the temptation for more aqua silks. One of three colorways I am considering. Oh dear, you make it impossible to resist.

4. Scarfies,
    It's me again rambling about my newly-found love for Maharajas, LOL. The other day, I was reading the Fall 2012 scarf story booklet, out of curiosity I did a search on the jewelry pieces featured on the scarf and I was hooked!!! I'm very happy to learn something new from the scarf and I thought I'd share with you all (as always, feel free to ignore my post if you hate long posts).
    Ok so basically the design features many of Indian classic jewelry pieces, among them are:
    - The Arya necklace (btw, I hate turtle neck anything and I did think of a layered wedding cake when I first saw this, LOL)
    on the scarf
    [​IMG]
    and in real life:
    [​IMG]

- The Bazuband (upper-arm bracelet)
    on the scarf
    [​IMG]
    in real life
    [​IMG]
    (photo courtesy of Christie's auction house)

another bazuband on the scarf:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (photo courtesy of Museum of Fine Arts, Boston)

5. - The Ta'wiz (an amulet - sort of a charm that contains scripture/paintings/well wishes of a necklace)
    on the scarf
    [​IMG]
    in real life:
    [​IMG]
    (photo courtesy of Legacymedia.localworld.co.uk)

another Ta'wiz
    [​IMG]
    and in real life
    [​IMG]

- the Sarpech (male's forehead ornament)
    [​IMG]
    and in real life
    [​IMG]

- Many Chand-tikka (female forehead ornament)
    [​IMG]
    and in real life
    [​IMG]

Hope you all enjoy these eye candies as much as I do!

6. I know the words "a little" and "cheating" should never be in the same sentence, but here's a little cheating with Pucci.

pucci.jpg
  7. Your not really cheating if it is with Pucci!

8. I love all of the research that you put into this, Chestnutty, just fabulous!
    I used to work in India and it's a place and culture very dear to my heart.
    The Kundan jewelry on the Maharajas is so prolific and brings me fond memories of the weddings and festivals I went to.
    Though I wasn't swooned at all by Maharajas when it first came out, I don't gravitate to wearing these busier designs, lately I'm really feeling the love the more I look at it and so my SA is on the hunt for me :graucho:

9. Chestnutty -your comparison pics are amazing! I also thought the first necklace you showed was a wedding cake until now lol. Thanks for enlightening me! Loved this post.

10. This scarf looks so classic Pucci! Love the pinks in it and your sweater pairs with it perfectly.

11. I love it. This is a thread for scarfies so you're definitely one !!

12. Grande Tenue today.
    I know, still off topic. I'm trying to gather enough strength to cheat on H. I've cheated many times before but I've never been caught on camera. :p:p

20130709_041502_1-hires.jpg
  13. Thanks Chestnutty, such a treat! Of course, now I have another scarf to add to my list!

14. Great job, Chestnutty ! This is pretty interesting ! Thank you for research and sharing this !

15. This is charming !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.