Which Purse to Get for first time owner

1. Hi! I am new to the designer handbag arena. Anyone have any good recommendations for an every day bag that is classic style to last a long time. All recommendations are appreciated! THANK YOU!! :smile:

2. So, what is your price range? I am not a great Coach fan, but if there ever was a classic leather bag to be found, it would be one of theirs......probably around the $350 range.......

Then there is always LV, and you'd be spending under $1000 for a Speedy, which is a great classic bag, too.

3. How about a Kooba or Botkier? Nice leathers and always cute styles. If you're going to go canvas/leather, try L.A.M.B.. :angel:

4. I would vote for Coach too since my first one was a Coach black leather hobo. Very classic design and good quality at a relatively lower budget.

5. It depends on how much you are going to spend. I think each forum has great handbags. I think Botkier would be a good first bag. They had a sale recently you might want to check their website.

6. I would say a botkier since it is good quality leather or a LV speedy which is a very classic bag that never goes out of style

7. You might try a Dooney & Bourke. They have alot of cute styles or as previously mentioned a Coach is well made.

8. Louis Vuitton is a great place to start...Louis bags are very classy, and will last a very long time.

9. it totally depends on your budget.

i would try to start with coach. they have some great bags that will last, style wise and durability wise

10. My first high end bag was a Louis Vuitton monogram Speedy 30. I guess your choice depends on your budget though.

11. Hey! I have been researching for my first purchase, just posted a thread the other day with my top choices, and everyone was really helpful and gave me tips to narrow it down.

So now my top 3 picks for a first-time bag are as follows (for you to check out too, if you like any of them ...I'm not sure what your style/budget is):
    [​IMG]

12. I have to agree with the first reply there, about Coach doing great, classic bags that, in the realm of things, are not particularly expensive.

It might be helpful to think about the things that you want in your ideal bag. For example, is this a bag you'll use everyday? If so, what color would best complement your wardrobe? Do you like long or short straps? Do you like bags with lots of compartments?

Above all, your first designer bag must be one that YOU LOVE!!! Don't just get a bag because it's designer and in your price range. If you need to, save up for one that you
    adore.

13. aww.your first designer bag...so cute..teehee