Which part(s) of US would be best to visit?

By the way, there are cheap flights from the LA area to NY. You should check out Jet Blue. They fly out of Burbank and Long Beach.

San Diego, Orange County and LA are usually really nice during the winter.

Lelgin, lorihmatthews and NYCBelle, thanks for the suggestions! I'll check those out! :yes: Btw lorihmatthews, anything particular in San Francisco that I shouldn't miss? :P

Keep 'em coming, guys! :P TIA! :flowers:

I have lived in both LA and San Diego, if you have to choose between the 2, I would definitely suggest LA. The shopping is better, the restaurants are better, and there are a lot more exciting, interesting things to see. PM me if you need any specific suggestions of places to visit in LA!

You've gotten some good suggestions -- I would also suggest trying some travel forums like tripadvisor.com where you can search location forums and ask questions, check out hotels and prices, etc. That forum often has good suggestions about less expensive places to stay.
The U.S. is large (think the size of Australia) but much more populated. California is always popular with tourists -- San Francisco is a good town because you can use public transportation to see many things, it's very scenic (big city, ocean beaches, boat rides on the bay).
Los Angeles is a sprawling large city where you really need a car to get around. There are parts that are younger/trendier but there are also some really seedy parts you would need to be careful of. This goes for all the bigger cities -- but San Fran and NYC are easier to visit without a car/driving.
Orlando is all about Disneyworld, Universal, the theme parks. It's a vacation destination all by itself.
Vegas is an adult Disneyland -- and also very walkable in many ways. If you go to Vegas, a side trip to the Grand Canyon might be a good choice.
I'm not sure why you would pick Norfolk, VA or San Diego unless you know someone who lives there.
There are outlet stores near any of the larger towns, but isn't Hong Kong great for shopping? And I saw great things in Bangkok and Singapore over the past few years -- great bargains.
Hope that helps !!

California is awesome in the summer tho! It's hot, but not as humid. Anyway, you have listed San Diego and Los Angeles already, so I thought I'd add San Fransisco to that :yes: My best vacation ever was renting a car in LA and driving up the pacific coast highway to San Fransisco, stopping everywhere that looked like a cool place (Santa Barbara, Monterrey, and a couple of other places just to take pics of the coast and the ocean)... (of course you could start in San Diego and then go north. SD is seems to be a lovely place!)
Seriously, it was the best vacation EVER :heart:

Hope you have a great time, I LOVE LV :tup:

I couldn't agree w/ u more- esp during the summer months! The California coast is truly a breathtaking gem! And I am absolutely PARTIAL to the Bay Area, esp San Francisco! :tender:

I've been too many places within and outside of the US... and truly, it is NO cliche why someone wrote a song , "I Left My Heart in SF"! This has happened to ME!

If u are coming during the winter months, NYC is a wonderful place to be- esp during the Christmas season. The only thing is that it might be a bit chilly, but a winter coat can do wonders! :P PLUS, u can truly admire all the people w/ wonderful outfits, boots, and accessories during that time of year! :yes:
And if u plan on heading to NYC, then u must over to the Woodbury Common Outlets- tho it might be CRAZY during the Christmas season, at least u got to see truly one of the best high-end outlet shopping district in the country.

Hope this helps a bit! And good luck in your search and destination! Hope it works out! :okay:

I'm biased because I live here, but make sure you don't miss San Francisco!

As said in my previous post, San Francisco is truly one of the most beautiful and breathtaking cities I have ever visited~! (And believe me, nothing really amazes me)!

In fact, my fiance hates it when I travel places without him b/c then he refuses to go a place I've been to. (He wants us to experience "the first time" together). However, b/c of my NON-STOP RAVING after my trip last fall (and his undying love for the movie "Bulitt" and "The Streets of SF"), this is one city he doesn't mind going w/ me (as my "Second Time)! :P

Take care everyone!

I've been throughout the US for work and also drove across the country. I've lived on both sides of the country for several years. In my experience, SF and NYC are amazing. I live in LA and it doesn't compare to those two cities in terms of food, shopping, and sightseeing. But if you're looking for a nice beach to relax and enjoy the sun, I definitely recommend Florida/Miami.

Ok so I live really close to NYC ad if its somewhere you want to go I totally suggest it I think everyone should go, its a wonderful place the best everything in the world :smile:......And also I LOVE VEGAS!! I went 4 times last year and 1 time this year so far, its sooooo fun there the nightlife is GREAT and shopping and dining are good too, literally, its ALWAYS a good time, also if your a woman the city is yours LOL, you dont have to pay or wait in any lines:yahoo:

Btw lorihmatthews, anything particular in San Francisco that I shouldn't miss? :P

There is so much to see, you probably won't be able to get to it all. Union Square shopping, Golden Gate Park, Museum of Modern Art, Alcatraz, Pier 39, bus tours or walking tours. Across the Golden Gate Bridge, Muir Woods.

Have fun!