Which one? Compact wallet in mono or red epi?

1. I've narrowed it down to these two: compact wallet in mono or compact wallet in epi red. I want to use it with my mono bags, my damier, chanel and gucci bags. But the important thing is that it has to last a long long time. I don't want to worry about it scuffing and scratching and wearing out all the time. I don't know how the epi will hold out. What do you all think?
  2. I think the red epi leather is a fabulous neutral red that could be used with any bag, regardless of the brand.
  3. But will it scratch, scuff, get dirty easily etc? That's my main concern, other than that I love it!
  4. IMO, the Mono will look newer longer than the Epi.
  5. Epi is really durable, look at Luccibag's blue petite Noe & bagsnbags' yellow Alma in the Visual Aids thread. Those are both older discontinued colors & the leather still looks great. I would pick it for use in other labels, it is more neutral & the red is oh so pretty.
  6. Scatches in epi won't really be noticible because of the textured leather. And so far I've been able to remove any dirt or scuff marks on my epi piece by simply rubbing it with a white rubber eraser.

I suppose monogram canvas will trump all in the long run but we're talking like 5, 10 years before it will make a huge difference. As long as you take fairly good care of the wallet, not rattling it around in your purse with keys, pens, etc.
  7. I agree. I own both mono and epi wallets and the mono will almost never get any marks on it at all while the epi might get some rubbing on the corners even if you are very careful. The mono will last you forever. It will last longer than the cockroaches after a nuclear explosion IMO. LOL!!!
  8. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: . I'm voting for mono as well.:yes:
  9. i will stick with the monogram compact wallet. i have mine for 3 years and it still look spanking new.
  10. i vote for mono. :biggrin:
  11. Epi. It goes with everything -- red is a great neutral. And it is classier looking. My experience with epi is it wears like iron.
  12. If you have a couple of mono bags, I would go with the red epi. If not, get the mono.