Which LV wallet is better? Zippy organizer or porte tresor international?

1. Looking for a roomy wallet. Which is your favourite between this two choices? Or any other similar better choice? :p

2. porte tresor international

3. I have tried both, and for me it's the zippy organizer, hands down. I like a checkbook wallet, and the PTI just doesn't allow for the checkbook and register.

I bought a used PTI online because I didn't want to spend the money on the zippy. But I couldn't fit all my cards and receipts and change and bills and my checkbook and register in the PTI.

It made me edit the contents of my wallet so drastically that I decided it wasn't worth the savings over the zippy. I was actually considering buying a checkbook cover b/c I couldn't fit everything in the PTI, and then I realized that if I added up the price of the PTI and the price of a checkbook cover, I was getting pretty close to the price of the zippy organizer. So I bit the bullet and plunked down the coinage for the zippy.

And I absolutely love it! It is so easy to keep everything organized, and it's so elegant and wonderful. It fits everything! It is expensive, but in my opinion it is worth it. I can totally see myself carrying this wallet for the rest of my life.

One note of caution: I got the black epi, even though I originally wanted the red epi. When I saw the red epi in real life, though, it seemed ENORMOUS and just very bright and flashy. I decided to get the black because for some reason it doesn't seem so huge. Don't get me wrong, it's a BIG wallet, but I don't feel at all strange or conspicuous when I pull it out of my bag.

Good luck on your decision. I vote for zippy organizer all the way!!

4. Wow, thanks for the detailed info..! I know many PFers love the PTI, thanks for the insights on the zippy. It's really helpful... Is price the only reason many people don't go for the zippy..?

5. I LOVE the PTI. I carry my checkbook and register and the new model has 10 cc slots. I find it is plenty roomy for me and has a change pocket inside as well.

6. I love my PTI. To me, it's the most user-friendly wallet I've ever had. The newer style has room for 10 CC's.

7. I don't like my PTI at all - I'm using it because it was expensive, but I do not find it to be a user friendly wallet. I wish I had gotten the zippy.

8. I travel alot so I like the PTI. But....I also want the Zippy!

9. In which way is it not user-friendly? :s

10. Can you fit your checkbook in the PTI? Where does it go?

11. [​IMG]

12. You can technically put your checkbook in the slot at the bottom, but then the checks actually cover those credit card slots that are in that section.

And in my case, in addition to covering up all those credit card slots, I also found that there was barely enough room to close the wallet with the check pad in there. And you really couldn't close it at all with the check pad and the check register in there.

I know a lot of people love the PTI, and to each her own, of course. That's why they make so many different wallet styles, to appeal to everyone! But for me, I disliked it very much and was very very annoyed that it was so expensive and big and yet really quite worthless -- for my own personal needs. For me, the zippy is a dream and just perfect! :smile:

13. IMO, the PTI is too big - almost the size of a clutch. So I would go with the Zippy.

14. The zippy organizer is even bigger than the PTI! :smile: They are both big wallets. You definitely have to like the big look to go with either one of them. But I feel that the zippy organizer's size is worthwhile, and it actually hold a LOT of stuff. On the other hand, I found that the PTI's size is deceptive -- it's big, but yet it didn't fit everything I carried in my old Coach checkbook wallet, which was smaller than the PTI!

15. with the check book where it is in the pic above, if you have the new version of this wallet you have two c/c slots on the part that folds in. I dont know about you but daily i have a debit card I use like mad and my visa.
    I wouldnt find it a pita to keep it this way.