Which is the better college plan?

1. I was just wondering something. Since a lot of you ladies went to college (university), what plan did you do? Four years straight? I'm doing that. Or two years then finishing at four year? I'm just wondering what everyone did and their thoughts.

2. I'm still in college, but I'm at a university during 4 years straight.

3. 4 years straight

4. i graduated in 4 years straight as well

5. :p LOL...I thought you were refering to a college savings plan (for my kiddos). I guess that shows the difference in our ages.

I went 4 (and one-half) years straight, which is the norm here in the US, and then 3 for law school.

6. 4 years undergrad, 2 yrs masters, 4 years doctorate, finished dissertation on time..hit the ground running...

7. 4 years straight, but I transferred from a small college after 1st year to a university.

8. 4.5 years straight...now on to my PhD with no time off.

9. Took me 5 years. Spent 2.5 years at a community college getting my AA, then another 2.5 years at a major state university finishing my bachelor's. It was a great experience, I'm glad I took the community college route, then transferred to a larger university.

10. What made community college different? I'm just wondering because I don't know anyone in cc and would like to know why you enjoyed it so much. :flowers:

11. Okay, this might be long, but here goes.

I grew up in a very small town - graduated with only 65 people in my senior class. I chose to go to the community college that was an hour away because I felt that I wasn't completely ready to move hours away to go to a huge, 4-year university, yet I wanted some sort of independence. I moved an hour away, got my own place, worked part-time and took anywhere from 3-4 classes a semester. My parents were extremely supportive and helped me pay the bills, as long as I earned good grades and kept my scholarship, which paid for 75 percent of my tuition throughout my entire college years.

I enjoyed the smaller classes at CC. To me, it meant more individual attention and a better learning experience for my general education classes. By the time I went off to finish my bachelor's in Orlando, I knew what to expect. My classes in Orlando were small, just because of the program I chose, but a couple of them did have around 150 people crammed in a large auditorium. I heard stories from friends of mine that had moved hours away to attend a larger state university and how they didn't like their general ed. classes because they were so large.

To me, because of my high school experience, and growing up experience in general, community college was a better transition for me between high school and a huge, 4-year school.

I miss college :p I'd choose class over work any day!

12. i went the usual 4-years straight route at a liberal arts college which was great with small class sizes.

13. 3 at a horrible CC and finishing my second yr at a 4 yr university.

14. I did the community college and then transfered to a 4 year school. I took a big load and didn't have a job, so I'm getting out with a bachelor's in only 3.5 years (instead of the usual 4).

I liked it because it let me learn what college was without all the distractions. You know, the "fun" stuff that would have kept me from doing my work LOL. I'm graduating with nearly a 4.0 and it wouldn't have been that high if I would have just went from high school to 4 year because I think I would have been distracted. Plus, the community college was only $2000 a semester (and I had a scholarship) so it was basically free for my parents. So, no debt or loans and I still get the same degree as peopel who were at the 4-year the entire time! I hope to start my MBA next year.

15. I did the 4/6 plan: I started at a four year college, but took a couple of years off to travel and have fun. I'm glad that I did, too, because I learned more about myself and other cultures.