Which H bag is best for a mother w/small children?

As the mother of a 3-year-old and an infant I would have to vote for anything with a shoulder strap in a skin like clemence or epsom. My favorite mom bag is my Lindy.

even a Kelly? or no Kelly(s/ies)?

You know of what you speak I'm sure.:lol: We have a 4-yr-old, a 2-yr-old and 4-month-old.
:sweatdrop:.

yes, I am insane.

I too recommend a shoulder strap, and easy access, which eliminates the birkin (no shoulder strap) and the kelly (impossible access.)

The Lindy looks perfect, but when my son was smaller I was pretty thrilled with a large gussetted Trim. It sat on my shoulder without slipping down and was easy to get in and out of. Today, I'd probably look closely at a clemence Lindy in a bright color.

LaBoheme - I'd say a 34 Lindy in Clemence. The shoulder strap is invaluable. It will fit about the same as a 35 birkin though.

Can you really not fit your daily needs in a 35? I find mine holds an awful lot (and I know I'd find a 40 too heavy).

I'm not great at making decisions I guess. I'm sure I'm carrying around excess items but I'm the queen of 'just in case'.

Maybe a smaller bag is a good thing for me ultimately? ..."Simplify. Simplify." and all that jazz...

There's already the true diaper & paraphenalia bag/black nylon backpack(nicely gender-neutral so dh usually carries it ..lol) we take too. hmmm.

The Lindy is looking good.

Is it easily available in the H boutiques?

Is this style counterfeited a lot? Or fairly safe to buy online?

Victoria! It's roomy, strong, not delicate, with a zipper, shoulder-strapped. Comes in lots of cool colors too.

Patz just got one and it's probably the H best choice for mothers with young children.

There's already the true diaper & paraphenalia bag/black nylon backpack(nicely gender-neutral so dh usually carries it ..lol) we take too. hmmm.

LaB - you're a riot! You can fit the lot in a 35 Birkin or 34 Lindy - trust me! Phone, purse, CC holder, diary, karo, baby stuff (wipes, diapers, baggies), snacks, sippy cups and a bottle if you're using one! I promise.

But if your happy to continue with the backpack as well, then a Lindy will have MORE than enough space (and won't be heavy). I think it's a perfect solution.

I don't know how long you'd have to wait for one. There seem to be more in clemence than swift (and you'd want clemence). There were quite a few on ebay recently - just authenticate them here first :tup:

What colour do you want?

you ladies must be much better organized than i was when my kids were young. I can't imagine having a nice handbag that can't be hosed down or thrown in the washer when lugging around diapers and formula and hand wipes and powders and toys that go in and out of their mouth. My bags always smelled like sour milk so I had to be able to wash them. good luck on your quest. My suggestion would be a lindy. a shoulder when you need it and hand held when you are without the kids. Line it with something too,.

I love my victoria. I have 3 boys 8, 7 and 4. I keep snacks and drinks seperate but psp's and little superheroes or cars fit just fine. It is lined in cloth so the toys don't scratch the inside. It is very easy to get into and stays on my shoulder nicely!! Good luck!!