Which dining table do you like better for a "glam and girly" place?

What about something like this? this is an ebay listing. You could redo the chairs in a girly fabric? The styles seem to match better.

It's a baughman era dining table and chairs (to help you search if you like it)

That one is ok but not really my style... I am thinking perhaps something like this, (don't laugh). These are from Muniz, some of their stuff is kind of expensive though...

or

or

Also, do you really think the second white set on the previous page, (the white round table and chairs) aren't feminine and frilly? I thought they could be if I pair them with candles or flowe pieces and pink frilly stuff... Or maybe not pink, but just feminine pieces

Well, it's not like the white stuff isn't feminine, you could make them TOTALLY feminine, but they don't "fit" in ANY of the pictures you've shown of rooms/homes you like in style. As I said, they are leaning more towards the shabby chic look (which is very feminine) and not the lucite and glass and chrome look.

Of the new ones you posted, I like the last one and find it the most feminine looking (minus the monster sculpture).

Well, it's not like the white stuff isn't feminine, you could make them TOTALLY feminine, but they don't "fit" in ANY of the pictures you've shown of rooms/homes you like in style. As I said, they are leaning more towards the shabby chic look (which is very feminine) and not the lucite and glass and chrome look.

Of the new ones you posted, I like the last one and find it the most feminine looking (minus the monster sculpture).

Yeah you're right... I don't really like the glass and chrome look though, on second thought I don't like that glass table I posted, it was a mistake...

I like lucite and mirrored furniture so you're right about that white table not fitting in with that... I think it would be ok with mirrored stuff tho but probably not lucite... For some reason I thought it would be ok...

I really like Paris Hilton's house... She has lucite and mirrored stuff... I wonder what this style is called... is this still contemporary?

Like just now, I went to ebay and typed in shabby chic dining and this table (and chairs) popped up.

I like shabby chic stuff that doesn't look shabby or worn out tho, so I guess that just means "white furniture". I don't want it to look shabby tho, just chic. I'm afraid of it looking "shabby" like I'm actually poor, I'm afraid someone might actually think that...lol

I like the look of shabby chic stuff without the "worn" part or "worn" look....

Is it terrible to combine shabby chic with lucite?

Hmm... then I think the second set would be cool, or finding a glass table that is round (much more feminine than rectangular)... like that picture above of the coffee table).

I think I get where you are going. You want clean and crisp and "rich" looking, but still soft and feminine and not "hard".

Hmm... then I think the second set would be cool, or finding a glass table that is round (much more feminine than rectangular)... like that picture above of the coffee table).

I think I get where you are going. You want clean and crisp and "rich" looking, but still soft and feminine and not "hard".

Yea, I want a softer style, if you will. One last question please and then I promise I'll be done...

I have to admit something, I actually ordered this one already

and the white chairs BUT I can still cancel it...

Do you think it would be clashing to combine that with small lucite pieces in the living room, like perhaps a lucite chair or lucite coffee table. The dining area is close to the living room. of course the dining chairs would be white, but I mean if I have some lucite and mirrored stuff in the living room, would that be terribly awkward? but NOT glass or chrome but feminine frilly mirrored stuff...

You seem very stressed out and confused. I think you over thinking and over analyzing things. Esp. when posting those glass tables above. I think you should take a time out and focus on something else for a few days and then come back. Decorating should be fun not stressful. Think it over, look at lots of different examples modern vs. feminine. Think about all aspects: aesthetic, price, cleaning, durability, resilience etc. then make a decision . And if you still can decided alter between rooms. I think it would be nice to have a romantic girly bedroom (keep your mosquito net and that table for that) if you have enough room, slide an over decorated white/silver dressing table with one of those romantic chairs and clutter the table with mirror jewelry boxes, photo frames, candlesticks, perfumes and cosmetics. etc. And in your dining room get that first dinning table, a white rug (if you can keep it clean) and a colored center piece for a pop.

Honestly, I think you can make ANY combination work if it flows, like if you have some lucite piece to place on top of the table or glass chargers or flower vases. You just need to find an element that pulls one style to the other. Same, with the lucite, make sure you mix and match it with some solid wood white pieces. Having a more eclectic look makes it easier to add pieces later on that aren't matchy-matchy.

it's like POLAR opposites from my taste, but that doesn't mean it's bad taste - just different. If done well, it can look nice.

Do you have any pictures of the other items you are thinking about?

You seem very stressed out and confused. I think you over thinking and over analyzing things. Esp. when posting those glass tables above. I think you should take a time out and focus on something else for a few days and then come back. Decorating should be fun not stressful. Think it over, look at lots of different examples modern vs. feminine. Think about all aspects: aesthetic, price, cleaning, durability, resilience etc. then make a decision . And if you still can decided alter between rooms. I think it would be nice to have a romantic girly bedroom (keep your mosquito net and that table for that) if you have enough room, slide an over decorated white/silver dressing table with one of those romantic chairs and clutter the table with mirror jewelry boxes, photo frames, candlesticks, perfumes and cosmetics. etc. And in your dining room get that first dinning table, a white rug (if you can keep it clean) and a colored center piece for a pop.

Yeah, you are absolutely right... I'll take some time out. I will keep all of that in mind...
the dresser sounds lovely too with all of those accessories

What would you classify Paris' house as? I posted a pic above. I think it's both contemporary and frilly at the same time... Is that just called "hollywood glam" style? lol

Honestly, I think you can make ANY combination work if it flows, like if you have some lucite piece to place on top of the table or glass chargers or flower vases. You just need to find an element that pulls one style to the other. Same, with the lucite, make sure you mix and match it with some solid wood white pieces. Having a more eclectic look makes it easier to add pieces later on that aren't matchy-matchy.

it's like POLAR opposites from my taste, but that doesn't mean it's bad taste - just different. If done well, it can look nice.

Do you have any pictures of the other items you are thinking about?

Thanks for the tips. I don't have any more pics at this time, I'll post more when I have some. I probably should take a time out and clear my mind. I just really liked Paris' house. When I saw it I wanted to move in and live there, it's done totally in my style, it's girly but not too girly.

I also would like to live inside the broacehome cataloge too tho. It just looks like candy to me http://www.brocadehome.com/bh/index.jsp

I would personally classify Paris's place as a contemporary Art Deco. it has all the elements of Art deco, clean lines simple shapes and colors but it has been embellished with accessories, so i guess it has a glamorous aspect as well. (also nouveau riche, but it would no longer be that if we threw out that hideous Fendi pillow:throwup:)

I've also found (for me) that it's best to go about redecorating in stages. Don't just decide, "I'm going to redo my entire room". Do it piece by piece, or a few pieces at a time. That way you can look for those pieces that just speak to you.

We've been redoing our house like this and we are now finally getting to the "end point". NONE of the pieces match, but they coordinate well and they fit our budget and our style. Plus, it's more fun to just find that perfect piece at that quaint little shop here and there. It adds to the storytelling of how the room came together.