which day for ebay??

1. Hi guys,

Its been about a year since I've sold on eBay but I'm thinkin of clearing a few extra things that I have to make space for new things!

just a quick question - When is the best time for an auction to end? I've heard friday nights, or sunday nights?

What do you guys think?
  2. not sure about days, necessarily...but know evenings are best, regardless of the day.
  3. The best time to list (and therefore end) is 9-11PM.
  4. Definitely evenings 6-9pm PDT/9-12 EST best listing day Wednesday ending Sunday.
  5. I've heard Sunday evening 10-11pm Eastern time is best time to end an auction. So if you do a 7 day auction, start it on Sunday evening.
  6. I typically like my listings to end Sunday - Wed evenings
  7. Trending for my listings so far typically shows Sunday evenings to be the busiest period in terms of bid activities. So I'd say Sunday evenings to be best followed by any of the other days' evenings.
  8. I have a cool eBay calendar link, some one actually researched this subject and compiled a calendar to use!

9. Thanks for the link, Swanky:flowers:. This is so cool!!
  10. I think sunday will be good or weekday evenings.
  11. I've also heard that Sunday evenings and Fridays are best. But I've also heard some people say that the ending time really makes no difference for them. It hasn't for me either... :shrugs:
  12. When I worked at an EBAY STORE that listed and sold they had us list to end on Wed and Sun for 7 day listings, they did great but never dealt with purses...however they are now closed so don't know how much that info is good lol
  13. I've always heard Sunday evening is the best time to end an auction.
  14. Interesting! It says Sunday and Thursday nights are the best days to end a 7 day listing... Never would have thought a Thursday, but then again, payday is Friday after all..
  15. I find that the best results come from a 10 day listing starting on Thurs., that way it covers two weekends for an extra 40 cents, ending on Sunday. I sometimes will do a buy it now (fair price to me and the buyer), in case someone wants it now, or they won't be around for the close of the auction. For a 7 day auction, ending on Sun. seems best.