Which color will u recommend for a first b bag?

1. Which color will u recommend for a first b bag? :confused1:

2. A staple (neutral) color you will wear a lot - for example black, plomb, mastic...? Or if you're into Bal because of the fabulous colors - whatever floats your boat and isn't obviously seasonal?

3. This is such a hard question...I would start off with a city stylewise but what color ???

As we are entering automne I would get either black or an earth tone or smth in the red/lilac range no pinks bright blues or pale tones. but this is just personal taste.

Have fun choosing when I started out with Bal I went nuts (not insane) and bought way too many over a very short period of time. Most of these bags have now found other homes since even if I loved to look at them they were just not me and stayed in my wardrobe.

Good luck it's so much fun!

4. hmm... for this season I'd vote for sienna or plomb! or even mogano if you're into the darker browns! I always think its better to start off with a neutral that'll go with everything and then branch out into colors... but if you're not that into darker colors then maybe mastic? sienna is definitely my fav though! good luck!

5. Yep, it's a tough question, and depends on what your personal style is. My first was a 05 BG Pink City, and I immediately became a lover of the vibrant Bal colors. I have sold any dull or darker bags I had because I am always reaching for my vibrant bags to use, and leaving the darker ones in the closet. I could never see myself buying a white, black, or brown Balenciaga bag, yet those 3 colors were the only colors I used to buy and use before I discovered LV and then Balenciaga.

Then there is the question on whether you want to buy a current bag, so you can purchase a new one from a store, or would you like to go for a bag from a past season off of eBay? I think Grape would be a good new color to go for, because it is a pretty color, yet not too vibrant so you should have a good chance it will go with a lot of things. Although, I must say my bags go with many more things than one would think by looking at them.

Lastly, I would suggest making sure whatever your first bag is, try to get a color that will go with many things in your wardrobe. When you take the plunge and get your new baby home you will want to use it all the time at first, so it would suck if you had to leave it home because it isn't going with whatever you're wearing.

Take a look around the Bal Forum like the library section, collection photos, and modeling pictures. That will definitely help you pin down the ones you like. Don't forget to come back and post pictures of whatever you buy, and good luck finding the perfect bag!
    :heart:
    Below is some pics of my bags. The Pink City in the upper right corner of the group photo is no longer with me, but everything is what I have today. Oh, and my Violet City with regular hardware arrives tomorrow, sol I will let you know what I think of it firsthand...

IMG_0086-2.jpg 06-08-07133.jpg IMG_0131.jpg IMG_0157.jpg IMG_0185.jpg
  6. I had considered the same question very recently. A black city is beautiful and easy to match. However one of the unique feature of Balenciagia bags is the range of colours, so you can also choose a city in your favourite colour, which is what I did in the end. Happy shopping

7. I'm going for the black city first, then expanding on my coulours and styles, the next one im getting is a violet twiggy (i think) lol

8. I chose a Black First for my first BBag - It's the perfect size for what I carry and goes with almost everything in my wardrobe. I love all the different colours of BBags but not sure if I can personally carry them off.

9. It would depend entirely on what colours you prefer/what your wardrobe is like- I like bright colours and tend to buy colours like turquoise, apple green etc. However, you couldn't go wrong if you go for a neutral like anthracite ( lovely leather and a chameleon colour), ink, mastic. I notice a lot of PFers get a black as their first. I like the twiggy style myself

10. I would say its a toss up between black or caramel.

Both act as neutrals that go with practically anything so you just have to pick between a light or a dark one to start with.

11. I'd have jump on the bandwagon as say black, browns or neutrals. This seasons leather 07 f/w is great too. g:huh:d luck~! :wlae:

12. my first balenciag bag was a black city. if you want a bright and fun color, then go for violet. if you want to play it safe and have an everyday-kind-of bag, then go for steel, anthracite, or black.

13. Thank you ladies!! I am thrilled to read so much of detailed advices from all of you! I love the bal community :heart:
    Black and neutral are definitely universal colors to go with, I agree with no doubt that they are great colors to start with!! Also I can see from most of the posts, ladies posting their bags in the colors steel and anthracite, which are great too and are lighter than the color black diverting the color of the leather under different shades of light, so adorable!
    I will check it out, thank you all :tup:

14. I think black is great. =)

15. My first bbag (and only, to date) is a 06 Rouge VIF First - and I love it!!!!! Just go to the store and choose the one that jumps out at you the most - that is what I did! Happy shopping, and no matter what you choose you will love it, too!