Which bracelet would you prefer? Cartier or Roberto Coin

If you travel a lot, the cartier bracelet sets off the metal detectors in 90% of the airports and then you get pulled over for the special search because you can't take if off! I have one and had to take it off b/c I was sick of the TSA pat-downs. My SA at cartier told me the other day that another woman came in to have hers taken off because if she got pulled out of line one more time at the airport her husband was going to divorce her! :sad:

The cartier bracelet is really really expensive. $3K? For a very simple design with screw motifs? Its classic (easy to make, not a lot of workmanship involved), old school, royal but very extravagant. I think a traditional goldsmith can get u a fairly heavy bracelet for this price. A lot of money is going into the heavy advertising and the branding. Gold is gold, even if there's a rich story behind it. Even tiffany's charm bracelets are half the price, but are twice as cute and precious. Perhaps u could consider other options?

Why can't you take them off?

The screwdriver that comes with the Cartier Love Bracelet act as a key, so unless you have the screwdriver with you at all times, you can't take them off, not unless you get a big size that can slip through your hands, but that would take away the meaning behind the "Love" bracelet IMO.

I prefer the Roberto Coin because I also think that it looks more delicate and antique-y. Although I wouldn't refuse the Cartier, I think it's getting a bit overhyped with all the celebrity attention recently.

i have a sentimental attachment to the cartier love bracelet, :tender:
so it hard for me to really be objective. :true:
it is simple, a real classic, and i love it.:heart:
mine is over 30 years old, and has Aldo Cipullo's signature inside. :balloon:
i never take it off and the screwdriver lays dormant in the box. :sleepy:
i must admit that i initially had a hard time gettig used to it on my wrist.
now i don't even know it is there. :P
no roberto coin bracelet for me! :happydance:

It's Christmas! My DH surprised me with Roberto Coin "I love you more" bracelet. It's soooo beautiful and I love it!:love: I hinted for both Cartier an Roberto bracelet for Christmas and would be so thrilled with either one and left it up to him to decide which one he would get for me. He thought that the inscription on the bracelet is just perfect and more meaningful than the meaning behind the screws. So for that, "I love him more".:heart:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!