Which bag is the perfect first bag?

1. Hi! My new years resolution is to buy my first Vuitton bag, but I don't know which one to buy. I was looking at the monogram speedy 30. I just turned 18 and I am 5'6", so I was thinking that the 30 would be a good size. I know you ladies are experts so please shower me with your great advice!!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

2. speedy monogram is always a good first LV... :tup:

3. I bought all three of my daughters, ages 17, 20 and 22, the monogram speedy. They are PERFECT first Louis Vuittons. Classic, pretty and will last for many years. My girls have other bags too, but the two older daughters use their speedies more than their other bags. You will love it.

4. I'm not a woman but I can assure that with the speedy you can't go wrong...
    And the monogram ofcourse is beautiful..
    Maybe you would like to enlighten us with what kind of handbag you want apart from the speedy...
    Hand-held? Shoulder? Cross-body?

5. Hi! I just got the mini lin speedy 30 and I am LOVIN it!! I didn't want a regular mono speedy so this one is the perfect blend of monogram and worry free handles! I think it's a good choice for first LV!

6. Well, I was looking at the speedy because it's a decent price. I don't want to go over $1000. I've always been a dooney girl. I like bags that I can wear holding them and putting them on my shoulder but not the ones with the looooooong shoulder strap. lol. I like hobos also. This is my first bag and plus I'm still in high school so I want one with monograming on it. I like big bags but not HUGE bags, lol. I'm sorry, I'm really picky but openminded. Thank you soo much to all who have voiced their opinions!!

7. The mono 30 is a perfect 1st LV ... you should visit a boutique and try on the ones that catches your eye. Eluxury.com or vuitton.com is a great site to see what they have to offer as well.

8. Speedy mono 30 then I think is for you, although I dont think that you will be able to fit it in your shoulder! Anyway if you get it show us some pics...

9. speedy it is a classic and will; have it for years and years, will not grow tired of it

10. Are there any speedys in the mall? I keep trying to open it but it says its private or something? Part of me wants to drive to Saks and buy it right out of the store but then the money-saving part of me is saying I could get a gently used one for a little cheaper. What do you all think?

11. My first LV was the Speedy 30 too! Perfect first bag! I think all LV lovers should have it (or the 25).

12. speedy:tup:...
    Good luck on your decision!!! and have fun shopping!!!

13. I don't really get your last post!!! Pardon moi but english is not my language...As for the speedy it is quite cheap for a louis vuitton. I'm going also to buy a speedy 40 and I wouldn't miss the experience of going into the boutique and buying the bag. With eBay you are never sure what you are going to get in my opinion. If you think you have enough money head to the boutique...Too bad here is 12 oclock in the night and everything is closed...

14. Sorry, I meant the marketplaza. I can't get in for some reason. Well like with jeans, I bought over ten pair last week:love:, I usually check forums and find great bins or sales at Saks. And a lot of people usually resell their bags a little cheaper so they can buy a new one.

15. Speedy is a great choice. Size 30 is just perfect in my opinion.

I do prefer the Mini Lin over the Mono because it's a worry free bag (no vachette) and you still get the monogram.