whew - that was cathartic!

1. So, I'm moving at the end of the month and I just went through my shoe collection and got rid of over 30 pairs!!! Pradas, YSL, you name it... GONE! Only a few of the new and recently purchased ones are going on eBay, and the rest are going to charity. I cannot tell you how good it feels to purge my overflowing closet.

Anyone else done something similar?

2. Oh my goodness!! Some VERY lucky people will be getting their hands on your shoes - and they may not even know it.

3. Not on the same scale, but yes...I recently donated about 10 pairs of shoes to Goodwill, am selling three pairs of shoes, and decided today to return three other pairs of shoes that I liked but didn't love.

It feels good. I think that I'm going to try to be more careful now and only buy the shoes I really and truly love (and that fit right and are comfortable!). Some of the shoes I'm returning are great, but they don't fit my lifestyle. I live in a small town where there's basically nowhere to go out. It's nice to have some shoes for special occasions, but I began to realize that over half my shoe collection was shoes that I would probably only wear once in a long while.

4. Not with shoes, but I do it with clothes at least once a year. Last time I donated a a ton of new designer stuff, including 3 pairs of 7FAM jeans that still had the tags on them. It didn't feel cathartic for me, I felt guilty about it. I felt like I should have just donated the money instead of wasting it. I was paranoid that the volunteers were going to keep them, or worse sell them on eBay. I'm such a pessimist! lol :shame:

5. I used to donate my clothes to a battered women's shelter to a program that helped women get their lives back together and help them gain their own employment. I liked that my nice clothes were going to help someone else. I think I might have felt guilty otherwise, though, so I totally understand where you are coming from!

6. LOL Mich, I just purged my closet too! BF and I just moved into a new apt, so I took the occasion to go thru everything. I did sell a few bags on eBay, sent others to my cousin and gave a mountain of clothes away. As for shoes, I used to edit alot since my motto was "Buy now, ask later." But in the last few years, I've been much more selective with my shoes so I don't need to purge quite as often. Good on you though! Now it's time to RESTOCK the closet!!!!! :graucho:

7. hehe, I've been busy restocking... just received new CLs and Manolos today!