where to shop in NYC?

1. I will be here in NYC till Friday. :yahoo:Could someone pls advice where to shop? Is there any good july 4th sale ? THanks!
  2. hi ivysun,
    welcome. besides the usual department stores -- Saks, bloomingdales, macys -- be sure to check out Barneys, which is having a very good sale. I like the co-op in soho, but if you want the high-end items, check out the madison avenue store.

not sure what you're looking for, but I would spend time at dailycandy.com and clothingline.com to find out about upcoming sales. topbutton.com is also good, but i prefer daily candy. timeout new york and new york magazines both have good shopping sections.

if you're up for it, i believe woodbury commons is having its usual july 4 sale. you can get a bus from port authority. go early.
  3. Scoop!
  4. Thank you for the tips!
  5. A good first stop would be the 5th Ave./Madison Ave. area -- Saks, Barneys, Bergdorf's, Bloomingdale's are all within walking distance of each other....so you can check out all their sales at once. Within the vicinity there's also the Jimmy Choo boutique (sale on-going I believe), and a bunch of other stores like A|X, H&M, Gap, Nine West, etc. (pretty much all having some sort of sale).
  6. If you feel like doing more boutique shopping, the Meatpacking District (14th & 9th Ave) is fun -- Jeffrey NY, Diane Von Furstenberg, Scoop (several lines), Theory, Charles Nolan, Tracy Reese, Puma Black...and when you get tired, stop at Vento for lunch or Little Pie Company for dessert.

Soho is also always a sure bet for boutiques and shops w/ varying price ranges. You will find the usual names there (Prada, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, etc.) but also some you may not think of (Olive & Bette, Bond No. 9, H Hilfiger, What Goes Around Comes Around).
  7. century 21
  8. Also I would suggest Century 21 and Duffy's.
  9. Go to Barneys for their sale! And check out Steven Alan and Intermix.
  10. I was there this weekend and just came back. Barney's is having a GREAT sale! I got a pair of James jeans that were regularly $169 for $39!! They aren't skinny leg jeans either. There are tons of skinny leg jeans on sale, though.

All the stores are having big sales.